portafold.co.uk Badge    

Facebook logoTwitter logo



Getting your Portafold caravan insured  




Car insurance policies will only insure your caravan or trailer whilst it is actually attached (or 'hooked-up') to your car. A separate insurance policy is required for whenever the caravan is detached from the car. To date, these are the only companies that are willing to quote a premium for insuring a Portafold.  As a rule companies that insure modern caravans will either not insure any that are over 20 years old or not insure a folding caravan.  If you know of any other companies that will insure a Portafold please let me know so I can add them to this page. My details are on the 'contact us' page.


'The Caravan Club' Insurance Services – They were very helpful when giving me a quote and I've been with them for several years now, but you must be a member of the club before you can purchase their insurance.  Membership of 'The Caravan Club' (0800 328 6635) in 2018 costs (from) £51. They won't however, do an agreed value policy.

01342 336610


Club Care Insurance Services – The insurance side of 'The Camping & Caravanning Club'. You must mention whether you have an awning you wish to insure as this will have to be quoted for separately. They won't do an agreed value policy.

0800 124 4633


Shield Total Insurance - Forum member Jan (bigbird) found this company and is using them herself for her Portafold. They won't do an agreed value policy.

0800 393033 or 01277 243004 or 0115 934 9800



Portafold cubes logo
Ansfold cubes logo
portafold.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external sites.
©2005-2020 portafold.co.uk All rights reserved.
Terms of Use