The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

1978 Portafold for sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
demondriverdave

1978 Portafold for sale - NOW SOLD

Post by demondriverdave » Sat, 06 Oct 2012, 9:46 pm

The time has come for someone else to enjoy our Portafold. We're just not using enough and I would rather sell it to someone who wants to look after it.

Yes this is really a 1978 Portafold. It is the last one built as far as I know. I am the second owner. The history is quite simple, a nice man in Sevenoaks (the first owner) went to Ansfold and asked for a Portafold. To which he was told that they don't make them anymore. After several conversations Ansfold agreed to build him one. It is quite unique as it has an aluminium chassis, portafold body but with Ansfold hinges, and it is blue. Very few were blue out of the factory.
I have owned it for 7 years and it has always been garaged by me and by the original owner when not it use.
It has a sink and cooker unit attached to the side wall which folds up and then drops into the floorwell as you lower the side wall (see pictures). My wife made brand new cushions for it 2 years ago. The gas bottle is bolted to the A frame at the front.

Although it has been garaged all it's life it is now starting to show signs of it's age and there is some crazing on the roof. The interior has classic 70's style boarding on the sides. It had this at the front as well, but I removed it to see what was behind and never got round to either replacing the boarding or sorting out the lovely orange colour at the bottom and the stuck on tin foil at the top (again see pictures).

It's ready to use now, however if I had the time I would redecorate the interior and find someone (I don't have the skills) to look at the crazing on the exterior.

Let me know if you're interested in this unique and rare piece of history.

Thanks
Dave.

demondriverdave

Re: 1978 Portafold for sale

Post by demondriverdave » Sat, 06 Oct 2012, 9:49 pm

Just in case some of you are wondering where the curtains are. I forgot to mention we use velcro attached curtains (again made by my wife) which are doubled over so they let hardly any light in.