The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Soon time for a service

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
paul~3

Soon time for a service

Post by paul~3 » Wed, 24 Jan 2007, 7:01 pm

Although there aint a lot under a portafold i was surprised last year when i merely oiled all moving parts on the newest arrival. My how she bounced, see i oiled the bushes on her sussies :oops: But on a serious note i dont suppose this gets done very often to a portafold :cry:
All three are now perfect runners and dont bounce when towed. I did find that the pivot arm that operates the brakes (in the center of chassis) was loose and may need renewal.
Just found out where some water got in, @ the seam (from manufacture)under my door has a 1mm split and has drawn a mug of water in, so will rq filling. The new handle info is usefull and reasonable thanks Mathew.
First outings in Feb, i fancy Loch Ness. 8)
Any info welcome (gordon & vauxhallbitz)
See my portafolds here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26942080@N02/2521414758/

Gordon McLaren

paul 3 loch ness

Post by Gordon McLaren » Sat, 27 Jan 2007, 1:00 pm

wouldn't fancy loch ness area , before at least mid april , the temperature at night is cold, it doesn't usually get above freezing much during the day in february , never mind at night. best bets in scotland for late february/march are coastal areas , some sites being open. my favourite , on the west coast is camusdarach , just south of mallaig. this is a beautiful site and is where they made the film Local Hero in the 1980's , starring burt lancaster , fulton mackay etc. , it has a white sand , horseshoe shaped beach , and you can often find that you get it all to yourself.

hope this helps paul , cheers gordon

paul~3

Scotland in Feb.........Brrrrr (blinkin half term)

Post by paul~3 » Sun, 28 Jan 2007, 5:59 pm

Cheers Gordon that link is sound. Reason for cooler climes is avoidance of midges. Intention is to tour in "porty" with mountain bikes, son is looking for Balnain cycling paths and recons to scare me ! :shock:
See my portafolds here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26942080@N02/2521414758/