The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Hello New Member

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
Morris_J2

Hello New Member

Post by Morris_J2 » Fri, 22 Aug 2008, 6:25 am

Hi Guys, Just to say hello, We have a 1959 Mini Motel, We have had it for a year now, and I plan to start restoring it soon, Christened "Mini Me" as it will be pulled mostly by our 1954 Austin A30 Cabriolet "Mojo" we will also tow it behind "Doris" our 1966 Land Rover Dormobile.
Joanne & I our old vehicle nutters and our current fleet includes the above as well as "Gladys" a 1963 Austin J2 Paralanain (Motorcaravan), "Saffy" a 1971 Land Rover 88", "Alan" 1964 Morris J2 mini-bus, "Graham" 1963 Standard Vanguard Vignale and my 1949 Ferguson TEA20. SO plenty to keep me busy !
"Mini Me" is in a bit of a state as he had been half buried on a welsh hillside, all the steelwork has rotted away, and the sides and roof are no longer attached, the roof is also deformed, No cushions survive. The steelwork has all been re made in Stainless Steel, and it is hoped that I will get this all bolted on, I can then make a start on the repairs to the GRP sections before giving it a coat of paint.
Any one going to Goodwood Revival or The Land Rover show at Peterborough ? We will be at both with "Doris" the Dormobile, Come and say hello
We Love most thing that are old and have wheels ! Our fleet: 1959 Mini Motel, 1966 Land Rover Dormobile, 1963 Austin Paralanian Motorcaravan, 1954 Austin A30, 1971 Land Rover 88"

txfsealord

Hello new member

Post by txfsealord » Wed, 27 Aug 2008, 5:54 pm

Hello Morris J2!

It's nice to hear from someone with such a large collection of old vehicles, whose other half is similarly interested & who is getting through the work! I tow an Ansfold with a 1957 Minor 1000 & I'm rebuilding a postwar Morris Six 2.2litre, all these were acquired as scrap, sorry restoration projects. I've owned the Minor 37 years now & it's still in use as our main car.

Steve Lord

Morris_J2

Post by Morris_J2 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 2:49 pm

We aren't the only ones then!, Morris minor, thats a project I hope to start soon, once we have moved to our new home (A Victorian house that we are restoring!, It has not been lived in for 50 years!) and got my workshop sorted out. I plan to build a chassis based on an MM van/pick-up but modified to suit Saloon, Traveller & Convertable bodies, I plan to base ours on a MM split screen Traveller, and once that is done to produce chassis on a commercial basis. I am already involved in the production of replica Ferguson 30cwt Trailers and the MM chassis would just be an extension to this! Have a look at our website for the trailers:

http://www.fergietrailershop.co.uk/

Our Mini Motel is coming on, I have just about finished all the steelwork, which I have re-made in Stainless Steel, and I am hoping to get the shell up from the bottom of the garden over the next few days so a start can be made getting it tow able.

Good to hear from you.
We Love most thing that are old and have wheels ! Our fleet: 1959 Mini Motel, 1966 Land Rover Dormobile, 1963 Austin Paralanian Motorcaravan, 1954 Austin A30, 1971 Land Rover 88"