Our new Portafold

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
triumphtone

Our new Portafold

Post by triumphtone » Sun, 06 Jun 2010, 8:37 pm

Hi,

I've just picked up our new Portafold. I've just got it home after a 6 hour round trip to get it. Hopefully I'll be able to attach a photo soon when I can work out how to do it :problem: It seems to be in good nick with only a little crazing.

Thanks

Anth
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold

triumphtone

Re: Our new Portafold

Post by triumphtone » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 7:44 pm

Photos as promised
P6060178.jpg
06062010077.jpg
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 7:54 pm

Looks great, just need to change those back lights :wink:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 8:02 pm

Thanks Matthew,

DPO was very proud of those lights. It was one of the things he pointed out to me. I'm not too worried as long as they light up :D

Did you get my email with the chassis number?

Anth

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

What are the lights from? I think I recognise them but can't put my finger on it.

I did, very sorry, reply is on its way to you now. :oops:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 8:11 pm

I don't know yet. DPO described them as "period" :eh: It does have an awning with it which may be a proper one. If it ever stops raining I'll be able to check :roll:

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 8:18 pm

My brain is telling me something like a Singer/Humber estate...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

Now you mention it, they look close to what I remember a Singer Gazelle estates lights were. But I think they had a chrome housing/surround

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Tue, 08 Jun 2010, 8:39 pm

Lovely unit...even with the lights..lol., I have to say, I didn't notice.... :roll:

Nice to see that someone else has MkIII's like me. Mine is about to be put on the market after 30 years, it'll be a wrench, but she's just sat there not being used, so hey ho, time to wait for tyre kickers, I'm not sure if I can bear it.......
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Wed, 09 Jun 2010, 5:38 pm

Thanks for your comments on the Portafold. All I need is some dry weather to test the awning :wink: I know what you mean about the cars, I have a GT6 that I have owned since 1984, I would struggle to part with that. BTW please don't tell my wife that you have a MkIII for sale or that may be another addition to the fleet. She loves them!