The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Brand New Hub Caps

Things you've sourced that are suitable for Portafolds or Ansfolds.
Admin

Brand New Hub Caps

Post by Admin » Thu, 02 Oct 2008, 4:50 pm

Following much research I have tracked down a company that can reproduce the hub caps from both the very early tubular style chassis Portafold and the later style with the long stub axles. They will be made using the original tools and will be available in either anodised aluminium or chrome plated mild steel. The price is £30 a pair at the moment (Feb 2009). It all depends on the price of metal at the time of order.

I've also seen on some of the early Portafolds an additional chrome embellishment around the wheel in addition to the hub cap, these are also available at around £25 each.

If anyone is interested in the hub caps could they please PM me and we can arrange an order.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Admin

Post by Admin » Sun, 23 Aug 2009, 7:42 pm

As it stands, at the moment, unfortunately the chap making these for me has gone AWOL. I'll let you know if he reappears on the radar.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

vauxhallbitz

Re: Brand New Hub Caps

Post by vauxhallbitz » Wed, 04 Aug 2010, 7:11 pm

Hello Mathew,

Will these hubcaps fit all 10" wheels, mine have three circular studs around the wheel centre

Regards, Fraser

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 04 Aug 2010, 7:24 pm

Fraser,

Has yours got the long stub axles?
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

vauxhallbitz

Post by vauxhallbitz » Wed, 04 Aug 2010, 8:14 pm

Hello Mathew,

I don't think so, if you look at the pictures of it in the Gallery under "first outing after rebuild" you can see the wheels but they don't look long to me,

Regards, Fraser.

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 04 Aug 2010, 8:29 pm

Fraser,

You're right, yours has the short stub axles like mine. That means you don't need these domed hub caps, these are really only meant for the later models with the protruding stub axles.

Have you tried normal Mini or Reliant caps? Do they fit over your 'nipples'?
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

vauxhallbitz

Post by vauxhallbitz » Wed, 04 Aug 2010, 9:17 pm

Hello Mathew,

Thanks for that, no I have not tried any hubcaps yet, the ones that came with it are domed but rusty do you have any pictures of the new hubcaps, I presume they will fit my van?

Regards, Fraser.

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 05 Aug 2010, 12:00 pm

The Mini/Reliant ones are domed but just a normal dome, so to speak.

The new ones are excessively domed (no pictures yet) so they fit over the long stub axles. I have seen people in the past cutting holes in their hub caps just so they fit over the stub axles. Obviously these look a lot nicer!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 28 May 2013, 8:18 pm

The chap is now selling these caps again so if anyone is after any I can get them for you.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

vforbes

Post by vforbes » Mon, 23 Sep 2013, 1:58 pm

Hi Matthew,

are these hub caps still for sale? Is it possible to have a picture? Mine has a the protruding hubs (the hub caps that were on it were Mini Clubman with a hole cut in the middle!).

Thanks

Victoria