The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

1971 Ansfold for sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
stevie1340

1971 Ansfold for sale - NOW SOLD

Post by stevie1340 » Sun, 28 Dec 2014, 9:34 am

I am just finishing a 71 Ansfold caravan...It should be ready in 1 week from now..I have stripped the horrible colours of it, and re-sprayed the exterior in "Old English White" 2 pack paint. The wheels have been stripped and powder coated, with brand new tyres, there is also a spare wheel.The interior has been stripped, strengthened, and re-painted in "First Dawn" light blue paint..To compliment this I also have 4" foam cushions for your comfort whilst sitting or sleeping.I am installing new modern lights to the rear, using existing wiring..I have no technical knowledge of electrics, so, whilst they will work, I suggest that you get the wiring checked after purchase.I have removed the small light from the lower door, and re-positioned the number plate to the right hand side of the caravan, illuminated by the light cluster...The chassis is strong and sound, and the brakes have been stripped, cleaned and replaced. The caravan also comes with a step, a sink/cooker unit, (This has not been checked,and I do not know if it is for an Ansfold)..There is also an awning supplied, but I have never put it up, so I don't know it's condition. Please ask any questions through this site.....The caravan is located in Warrington, Cheshire....As for price...I have been told to put it on E-bay where it should achieve £1500, but I prefer to put it on this site first.....Asking price is £1350.00 ( no offers please, as this will be minimum price when placed on E-bay) Thank you for reading my entry,and good luck in your search.Steve....

Admin

Re: 71 Ansfold

Post by Admin » Mon, 29 Dec 2014, 1:06 pm

Steve,

The Ansfolds weren't made until 1976, so I'm not sure whether you have an Ansfold with the wrong date, or a Portafold with the correct date. Can you email/PM me your chassis number so I can date it for you and put it on my database?

You may have problems with 4" cushions, people have found in the past it makes it difficult to fold down the side walls. 3" seems to work much better.

And the original rear lights (if they're working correctly) should be more than up to the job. No need to replace with modern ones.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

stevie1340

Re: 71 Ansfold

Post by stevie1340 » Mon, 29 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm

Hi Matthew....I will send you the chassis number tomorrow...It was sold to me as a 71 Ansfold..I had no idea of the years of manufacture,(Total amateur)..The roof doesn't have fins, and has a small skylight, so this made me assume that the title of Ansfold was correct..ring if you need further info'...07725 97 99 68...Steve.

stevie1340

Re: 71 Ansfold...Now a 71 Portafold

Post by stevie1340 » Tue, 30 Dec 2014, 9:48 pm

Hi everyone..The caravan for sale is actually a 1971 PORTAFOLD with a roof that has been previously modified.The chassis number is now registered with Matthew, and I thank him for the information that he has provided...Steve

stevie1340

Re: 1971 Ansfold for sale

Post by stevie1340 » Fri, 06 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm

Sold...Sold