The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Portafold wanted

Any 'Wanted' requests.
fuzzyface

Portafold wanted

Post by fuzzyface » Wed, 26 Mar 2014, 12:45 pm

Has anyone got a Portafold in the East Anglia region, to follow my Morris Minor Van, that they are looking to sell? Would prefer a "runner" but as long as it is towable I am happy to do any finishing off that may be required. :)
Please contact via PM.
Thanks
Steve

fuzzyface

Re: Portafold wanted

Post by fuzzyface » Tue, 22 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm

Just a quick update. I'm still looking but my tow car is out of action at the moment. In the meantime, if someone has a portafold for sale and wouldn't mind delivering then I'd be happy to pay a reasonable amount for their time and trouble. :)

fuzzyface

Post by fuzzyface » Mon, 19 May 2014, 6:13 am

Tow car back in action now so I am able to collect within a reasonable distance.......
Does nobody have a Portafold in usable condition for sale? :(

fuzzyface

Post by fuzzyface » Thu, 02 Oct 2014, 7:12 pm

Still looking in case anyone thinks I have given up! :)

fuzzyface

Post by fuzzyface » Thu, 22 Jan 2015, 9:40 am

New year and the search continues..... :)

fuzzyface

Post by fuzzyface » Wed, 27 May 2015, 2:36 pm

This is turning into a one man thread. :( Still looking for a portafold in the East Anglia region, just in case anyone thought I had given up. :)

The Gomersalls

Post by The Gomersalls » Sat, 30 May 2015, 4:01 pm

There's been a few for sale recently but I'm afraid it looks like you will have to be prepared to travel if you really want one, we bought ours last year and we're based in sheffield but the one that was offered to us was in Wales.

It was a Sunday afternoon trip and almost midnight when we got back but my hubby is used to me buying stuff from the other side of the country now.

Good luck in your search, I hope the right one turns up eventually.

Microhurtz

Post by Microhurtz » Sun, 31 May 2015, 4:35 pm

it looks like you will have to be prepared to travel if you really want one
I have to agree; I went to Yorkshire for mine from Birmingham (not an unpleasant option!) Having said that, the nature of the Portafold makes it a relatively safe buy at distance. With no wood and therefore little risk of damp damage, it's very much a case of what you see in the pics is what you get.
Jeremy.

fuzzyface

Post by fuzzyface » Sun, 31 May 2015, 6:44 pm

Well you guys are probably right but I have been looking for a couple of years now so I have learnt to have a lot of patience. :)
I did look at one recently but was surprised by the amount of backward and forward movement of the ends when erecting the roof. I would struggle in anything but a light breeze on my own. Not sure if this is normal or if there was excessive wear somewhere. :?

Microhurtz

Post by Microhurtz » Sun, 31 May 2015, 8:52 pm

Steve, I think that's normal. I've only once erected the caravan on my own and that was a nerve racking event. I had visions of the whole thing "parallelogramming" before the sides were up. I wondered about putting some extra fibreglass into the hinge area to beef them up. It just feels so fragile at that stage.
Having said that, you will always find someone to put a steadying hand on things in return for an explanation of what it is!
Just go for it, I say!
Jeremy.