The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Shuttleworth vintage collection

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
The Ploppies

Shuttleworth vintage collection

Post by The Ploppies » Wed, 19 Jul 2017, 6:18 pm

Would any of you be interested in having a meet at the Shuttleworth Vintage aeroplane and car collection? It would be even better if we did it on an airshow weekend.

Let me know your thoughts, as i'm waiting for a call back from them with an idea of the cost per Portafold.

Admin

Re: Shuttleworth vintage collection

Post by Admin » Wed, 19 Jul 2017, 11:15 pm

I'd definitely be up for that, as long as it doesn't clash with another event of course. :)
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

The Ploppies

Post by The Ploppies » Thu, 20 Jul 2017, 5:51 pm

They phoned me today and have offered us the weekends 1-3 September 8-10 September or 29 September to 1 October. However I would not go to the last as I've got to fly to the Falklands on 1 October. Here's some details :
Camping is available most weekends throughout the year, including our evening airshows and Proms dates.

There are only a limited number of pitches available for the six Sunday events with flying displays and for these, there is a 2-night minimum stay (arrival must be on Saturday). Those are Shuttleworth Heritage Day and Race Day.

For 2017, please note that there will be no pitches available for the Edwardian Pageant weekend (Sunday 6 August) due to anticipated visitor numbers at that event.
SATURDAY AIRSHOWS

Pitches are available for Saturday airshows, with no minimum stay and arrival on the day permitted. In the event of a Saturday airshow cancellation, no event refunds or vouchers for alternative dates are offered.

Please note, if you wish to camp on an event day, you will need to purchase an event ticket in advance. All our events can be found online, where you can also buy your tickets. If you do not have a valid event ticket, then entry to the campsite will not be permitted.
Prices

Pitches are charged at £20 per night. A three-night stay will benefit from a discounted rate of £50 per pitch for the duration of the stay.

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 20 Jul 2017, 10:56 pm

Ah, I've got prior arrangements on the 1st-3rd September, and Goodwood Revival on the 7th-11th September, and I get back from holiday the day before the last weekend, so it looks like i'll have to pass until next years dates are available.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!