The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Le Mans Classic - 8th, 9th & 10th July 2016

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

Le Mans Classic - 8th, 9th & 10th July 2016

Post by Admin » Wed, 07 Oct 2015, 8:42 pm

For 2016, instead of attending the Goodwood Revival, we're looking into travelling abroad to the bi-annual Le Mans Classic.

We've done lots of research into all the camping options both on and off the circuit, and come up with what we believe to be the best all round options.

The company we've chosen to use are used by PistonHeads and Classic & Sports Car, and several car clubs, including the Aston Martin Club and the Cobra Replica Club. They offer the complete package including entrance tickets, camping and paddock passes.

In order to give some choice, they offer two different campsite options, a private and a public, both are located 'on-circuit' as the traffic around Le Mans can be very bad. They're situated on the Bleu Nord site, only 5 minutes walk from the track and 10-15 minutes walk from the paddock.

Also included in all the packages are your choice of channel crossing. I'm planning on going out on Thursday the 7th of July and coming back on Monday the 11th of July, but the tour operators are very flexible, so if you want to go out early or come back late to make more of a holiday of it you only have to ask them.

Bleu Nord Private Camping

Private camping area with 'wristband only' entry, 24/7 security with British security guards, toilets and showers.
Package includes 3 breakfasts and 3 evening meals in the restaurant marquee where there is a bar and WiFi.
Includes entrance tickets for all three days, camping and paddock passes.
All the 7m x 5m pitches are numbered so we can have our own area.
Including the channel crossing of your choice, and towing your Portafold, (based on 2014 prices and two in a car) it works out at £540 per person.
This package sells out very quickly.

Bleu Nord Private Camping with a pre-pitched tent

In the private camping area there is also the option of hiring a pre-pitched 5 berth tent (measuring 3.2m x 5m), with a bedroom that you can stand up in and a living area. Comes complete with an air bed, table and chairs.
Same as the package above, includes 3 breakfasts and 3 evening meals in the restaurant marquee where there is a bar and WiFi.
Private camping area with 'wristband only' entry, 24/7 security with British security guards, toilets and showers.
Including the channel crossing of your choice this comes in at £545 per person (again, based on 2014 prices and two people in a car)

Bleu Nord Public Camping

Public camping area with security on the gate, but please note, there is public access to the campsite via a couple of gaps in the fencing.
Toilets and showers.
All the 7m x 5m pitches are numbered.
Including the crossing of your choice and towing your Portafold (based on 2014 prices and two in a car) it works out at £360 per person.

At the International Gathering back in August, 27 people showed an interest in going so I think we could get a good crowd. If you choose the Portsmouth to Caen ferry it's only a 2 hour drive to Le Mans, but the packages give you full flexibility to choose where you travel over from; Plymouth, Portsmouth, Poole, Dover or Folkestone.

Let me know as soon as possible as these packages sell out quick and the ferries get booked up early.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1483933311909670/
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

RayH

Re: Le Mans Classic - 8th, 9th & 10th July 2016

Post by RayH » Thu, 08 Oct 2015, 7:30 am

Hi Matthew, Blue Nord private camping for me.

Security definitely worth having and catered meals means less to carry - bar sounds good as well !

Hopefully my son Dominic will join me.
Cheers
Ray

Admin

Re: Le Mans Classic - 8th, 9th & 10th July 2016

Post by Admin » Fri, 15 Jan 2016, 3:42 pm

Due to lack of demand we've decided to postpone our trip to Classic Le Mans till the 2018 event.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!