The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

7th International Gathering of Portafolds & Ansfolds (2015)

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

Re: 7th International Gathering of Portafolds & Ansfolds (2015)

Post by Admin » Fri, 03 Apr 2015, 9:27 pm

Update:

7th International Gathering of Portafolds & Ansfolds (2015)

Roll up, roll up, for the biggest Portafold show of the year!

Single awnings will be allowed with your caravan and we will have an area behind the stand to have extra tents. This area is also big enough to park all the modern cars. It's behind the stand and close by, but at the same time separated from our display area.

Entry price is confirmed for 2015 at £5 per outfit (car and caravan in our case), which includes 2 adults and 2 children. I will be asking for money in advance of the show, and this will enable Neil and I to mark the pitch out accurately without the hassle of saving space for people who don't turn up even though they're on the entry list.

I've measured the distance from the closest corner of our pitch to the door of the nearest toilet block on the site, and it's over 140 yards as the crow flies, consequently, we've decided to retain the 'toilet club' and have the private Portaloos again this year. I'm yet to get a quote for this years toilets but I anticipate the cost of (weekend) toilet club membership to be £8 per person again. This is the same for adults and teenagers, young kids are free.

But, the bonus of the new site is we have a massive pitch. More than enough room for everyone. And we even have two water taps on the stand.

Please post a reply here on the forum or reply to the email that i'll be sending out to everyone in the next 24 hours.

Speak to you all soon.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

mercrocker

Post by mercrocker » Sat, 04 Apr 2015, 4:42 pm

Trevor & Glenda are comin' Not working this year!

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 30 Apr 2015, 9:17 pm

As you may know, for this year’s International Gathering of Portafolds I’m collecting all the entry and toilet club money in advance. This will enable Neil and myself to plan the site properly without saving space on the pitch for people that don’t turn up. The two easiest forms of paying me will be either Paypal or a direct payment into my bank account.

If you use Paypal please ensure that you select ‘Send money to friends and family’, then you enter my email address of: matthew@portafold.co.uk
In the notes section, please put your name(s) so I can identify your payment.

If you wish to send via a direct bank transfer, email me and I'll send you the details.

The costs are £5.00 for your car and caravan combination, and £8.00 per person for the (optional) toilet club membership.

Any problems just email me.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 10 Jun 2015, 11:25 pm

If anyone is in two minds about coming to this year's event but was put off by the lack of space we had last year; just to let you know, we will have 6.5 times the amount of space this year.

We have a whole arena to ourselves, with our very own modern car parking area to the rear.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

BRI52

Post by BRI52 » Fri, 31 Jul 2015, 9:16 pm

Its very quiet on here, considering next weekend is our biggest get together of the year. Who`s going? how many of us? What time/day?
Is everybody on Farcebook? I don`t do that.
Brian.

Microhurtz

Post by Microhurtz » Fri, 31 Jul 2015, 10:08 pm

Well, I'm here, I'll be there - and I don't do facebook either!
Jeremy. :thumbup:

mercrocker

Post by mercrocker » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 10:11 am

Farceberk......Nah....Trevor & Glenda still coming up though, staying on Sunday too.

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 3:09 pm

It might be quiet on here but it won't be this weekend, we've got 47 coming at the moment. That's one more on the stand than last year, but obviously we've got far more room for everyone this year.

You can arrive from 9am Friday, and stay till Noon Monday.

BBQ'ing on Friday and Saturday nights, but we're thinking rather than having Chinese night (the nearest Chinese takeaway seems to be 5+ miles away), having something from the food stalls so we can watch the live music without the hassle of ordering the Chinese.

Email being sent out later tonight to everyone who's registered as coming, with more detailed info.

Don't forget the new location!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 7:38 pm

I've just sent out the final info email to everyone who's booked in for the International Gathering this weekend.

If you've not received it can you give me a shout?
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

Microhurtz

Post by Microhurtz » Mon, 10 Aug 2015, 5:07 am

Well, thanks and congratulations to Matthew for a great event. Had a bit of trouble getting in on the Saturday morning but after that everything was smooth, friendly and entertaining.
Such an eclectic mix of stands!
Even the weather was spot on.
Jeremy