The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Newby Hall 2009

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
alexdundee

Newby Hall 2009

Post by alexdundee » Wed, 22 Jul 2009, 9:35 am

Newby Hall 2009 Classic car, motor and caravan show.
I didn't bring my Portafold as i was on our VW Club stand, but saw this one at the classic caravan club stand, very tidy and had a good chat with the owner, turns out he lives only 10 minutes away from my house... :)
Think his son is a member on this forum as he is not so into computers. Got some great hints and tips for my own Portafold, it was a very succesfull day with only one little shower of rain in the morning. :D

[DEAD PHOTO LINKS REMOVED]
http://www.alexdundee.com
http://www.hdvwclub.co.uk - Harrogate and District VW Club.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Wed, 22 Jul 2009, 5:45 pm

Is that a fold down shelf/table below the top shelf. I've only seen shelves balanced on the side shelves? This looks really lovely!
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 22 Jul 2009, 8:53 pm

bigbird wrote:Is that a fold down shelf/table below the top shelf. I've only seen shelves balanced on the side shelves?
It could be on four legs. The original sink drainer/bunk bed has four screw points where the legs can be attached so it can be used outside in the awning. The table is already using the two stubby legs and the 'widdle wicket' as I call it, but there should be four long legs left.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

alexdundee

Post by alexdundee » Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 10:57 am

bigbird wrote:Is that a fold down shelf/table below the top shelf. I've only seen shelves balanced on the side shelves? This looks really lovely!
Yeah, i said the exact same thing, I have a sink unit and put it across the ledge on the sides, but this looks much nicer and I have checked my sink unit and it indeed does have 4 corner screw thingys on it to attach legs to it, but the legs I don't have! I do have the table with the 2 short legs and one longer, and didn't realise that the little holes in the side by the seats are for the legs for stability.
It looked really nice and tidy in there.
http://www.alexdundee.com
http://www.hdvwclub.co.uk - Harrogate and District VW Club.

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 11:45 am

alexdundee wrote:...didn't realise that the little holes in the side by the seats are for the legs for stability.
Alex,

I don't know how many sets of holes you're supposed to have but I've got about 3 pairs. It does give you flexibilty when it comes to the table though because you can have the long leg either pointing towards the door or turn it round and have the table much nearer the door and have the long leg nearest the sink unit.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 7:30 pm

I don't appear to have a sink unit or bunk, all I have now is a piece of ply wood that I've cut to size for the bed centre! I just presumed this was placed on top of the side shelves?? Is the shelf made from glass fibre the same as the rest of the portafold? I think I've got something wrong here..
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 9:49 pm

You'll know if you've got one, it's huge, heavy and big enough to put your back out when you move it into place.

I've got one but I've only used it once. Personally I think you're better off with a home made wooden bed shelf. That does the double bed set up and the kitchen unit as well, without putting your back out or costing you a fortune in extra petrol because of the extra weight.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 10:19 pm

Oh Matthew, I kind of feel incomplete now without a shelf...mind you, if it's going to put my back out it's probably not a loss.....but this particular one does look lovely doesn't it?!

Woodie

Post by Woodie » Wed, 14 Oct 2009, 10:07 pm

hi peoples the portafold next to the moggy pick-up is my dads and yes i am a member of this forum. I joined it because dad is somewhat inept with all things computerised (well he is old). i keep meaning to get hold of alex to go an look at his since we live in the same city as it would be nice to veiw another one