The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Portafold - Glamis July 13th 2008

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Gordon McLaren

Portafold - Glamis July 13th 2008

Post by Gordon McLaren » Sun, 13 Jul 2008, 12:51 pm

Spotted this Portafold at Glamis show today and took a photo for the forum. It was in pretty good condition, and as is usual this one has its differences, i don't think there's two the same. :D

cheers Gordon

Admin

Post by Admin » Sun, 13 Jul 2008, 10:27 pm

Did you get the chassis number for me Gordon? :lol:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Gordon McLaren

chassis number

Post by Gordon McLaren » Mon, 14 Jul 2008, 5:40 am

did have a look to see how old it was , but well painted over on the chassis. however this one had what looked like wooden and metal handles for lifting off / up the roof , they looked original , also embossed on the back behind the handle in to the fibreglass was the word portafold.
mine has metal handles and doesn,t have this embossed in it . just another note the window securing latches were metal thread and plastic knob , original too. my latches probably being a later model are all plastic. was speaking to the owner bruce from ayrshire , hope he joins the forum , to get more details. cheers gordon :D

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 14 Jul 2008, 10:28 am

I've seen the round style handles before, not sure if they're wood or faux wood, can't remember.

The embossed Portafold badge is what's been left behind from the original sticker that was there. I'm going to get them re-produced so people can replace them if they've fallen off/been removed/been painted over.

Mines got the metal threaded window catches on it and mines a '68. This one has the window pelmets though which mine hasn't so I'm guessing between '68 and '71. Possibly '72.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Sun, 03 May 2009, 9:49 pm

Have you any replacement 'Portafold stickers' yet Matthew?

Admin

Post by Admin » Sun, 03 May 2009, 10:57 pm

No not yet, but I was thinking only today about what stickers to get done, and obviously, how much they're going to cost to me, and to you.

I don't really like to lay out money on 'stock' but it's something that has to be done at some point so I'll hopefully have them done before the summer's finished.

I'm also thinking about about 'I Love My Portafold' stickers as well. Anyone interested?
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

Admin

Re: Portafold - Glamis July 13th 2008

Post by Admin » Wed, 07 Mar 2018, 2:55 pm

Portafold badges are now available in the Portafold Shop:

http://portafold.co.uk/parts_and_spares.html
Matthew
portafold.co.uk