The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Where To Start

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
Rae+Ann

Where To Start

Post by Rae+Ann » Mon, 07 Sep 2020, 3:26 pm

Obviously, from the top and work your way down.
My first job, order new handles and buy four footman's loops. After ordering the parts my next job was to repair the previous repair.
DSCN5145 (3).JPG
Someone, in the past, repaired a split in the roofing area; a good enough repair but I wasn't happy as they had fibreglassed on the outside as well as the inside so I decided to remove the fibreglass repair from the outside. This took some time, gently easing the inner and outer apart. The end result, as you can see, was quite favourable.
DSCN5146 (2).JPG
After rubbing down all the unnecessary fibreglass, here we have the split ready for it's next stage: a thin skin of filler rubbed down with some fine wet & dry ready for when I rub the rest of the roof down, then a coat of paint.

Rae