The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Introduce Yourself

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
issit

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by issit » Thu, 30 May 2013, 8:34 pm

Hello im New to the Forum well after selling my Puck ,, Im now a Owner of a 1974 Portafold :D and well Happy 8) will put some pics up in the Gallery

im into Vw and Retro cars
also own a
1964 Austin A60 Pickup
1968 Rhd Vw Panelvan

i Run to Show also

http://www.Dubsatthecastle.co.uk

Dave

triumphdan

New Member :-)

Post by triumphdan » Sat, 03 Aug 2013, 8:49 pm

Hi let me introduce my self, I'm Dan and I have an addiction. Mainly to the odd and quirky. This obsession lead me to the drew bar of a 73 Portafold.
My mate was selling it and told me I had to buy it. I was contemplating selling my trailer tent for something easier to put up anyway so it tied in quite well. I agreed to buy it without actually knowing what a Portafold was or looked like. As soon as I looked it up on line I loved it. That was 2 months ago and in that 2 months I have been away for 4 weekends with it. Already had my moneys worth out of it.
It is the perfect addition to my already full drive. I (as the user name suggest ) am a bit of a Triumph nut I have 4 at the moment Herald estate, Spitfire mk3, Gt6 mk3 and a 2500PI. So the Portafold weighing very little is ideal for the back of the Herald and being of a young age and not being aloud to exceed 700kg or a gross train weight of 3500kg its just perfect :-)
So I am indeed a happy camper :-)
DSC_1032_zps80a830d3.jpg
DSC_0981_zps4f199416.jpg
1767_zps42c9926e.jpg
So there it is. in need of a bit of TLC but serviceable for now :-)

Apple

Post by Apple » Tue, 03 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm

Hello everyone Just bought a Portafold from a nice couple in Lincolnshire only had it two weeks and I've spent two nights in it, one of those nights was very wet and very windy and it kept me dry :D this is the tow car when I get a towbar on it. I am looking forward to more happy times with it, there's nothing in it just some caravan cushions.

Hopefully I will improve things over time.

I live in East Sussex.

Cheers
Mick
Portafold_004.jpg

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue, 03 Sep 2013, 9:40 pm

Hello Mick,fancy seeing you here.There's few of us Tri chevy guy's here.Glad you got sorted :thumbup:

bookhimdanno

Post by bookhimdanno » Sat, 07 Sep 2013, 7:59 pm

Hi
My name is Steve and i have an early portafold that i purchased from a very nice chap from Aldershot called George.
I also have a tri chevy to tow my portafold.
Only used the portafold once so far and that was to the national gathering at White Waltham. Had a great time and looking forward to using it again very soon.

Apple

Post by Apple » Sun, 08 Sep 2013, 6:30 pm

I think I recognise that car :wave: hi Steve :thumbup:

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » Wed, 29 Jan 2014, 11:00 pm

Hi, I'm Darren and i'm new to the forum, and yet to own a Portafold - although hope to in the near future.
We've had a couple of Mazda Bongos ( one more fun than the other, until the engine went bang ) and a Conway Cruiser ( that we ended up never using ), but since moving have downgraded our vehicles and are now looking for something compact, cool, funky, retro, lightweight, not too big - all the things that a Portafold seems to have.

We currently use a Skoda Octavia for towing, but i also own a classic Mini which i'm sure would cope just fine towing, if i get round to fitting a towbar :)

We're near Peterborough but don't mind travelling to find the right one, so hopefully in the not too distant future, we'll be able to 'offically' join the Portafold club :)

Happy Jack

Post by Happy Jack » Fri, 18 Jul 2014, 6:47 pm

Hi everyone, my name is John aka 'Happy Jack' I am a new Ansfold owner having purchased a very unloved 78 Ansfold with a few fibre glass problems and a big interior problem. I am currently assessing the situation and am hoping to start working on it this weekend. I have never owned a caravan let alone restored one Classic Cars are my thing but I am sure that a change is good as a rest plus it looks good behind my Morris.
There are several things I am unsure of so is there any owners of Portafolds or Ansfolds in the proximity of South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire/ North Notts who I could prevail on for advice and perhaps a look at their vans to give me some idea as to what goes where and how.

TRUNNIONMAN

Post by TRUNNIONMAN » Fri, 18 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm

You could try forum member Paul~3 Happy Jack he has a I think its about 3 Portafolds and he lives in Nottingham, really nice chap knows his stuff about these vans.

Happy Jack

Post by Happy Jack » Sat, 19 Jul 2014, 8:29 am

Thank you Trunnionman, Nottingham isn't all that far away so I will get in touch with Paul-3.