The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Aquaroll problem

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
txfsealord

Aquaroll problem

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 17 Jun 2008, 8:56 pm

Hi all, I'm probably being silly, but I haven't found anywhere in the folded Ansfold to stow the Aquaroll! It's a standard 40litre which used to fit just inside the door (only just). Now, with the gas-bottles boxed on the drawbar, I've a lot of noseweight & need to put this large, light object forwards.

I'm in a hurry (what's new) 'cos I'm all behind (as usual), it's the car-club National rally this weekend & the caravan isn't ready (again). This was the situation at the 2007 National rally (nice to know some things can be relied upon not to change!)

For the temporary moment, I've taken both tyres off the Aquaroll & cut 1/2" from the front window-clamping stud on the LH side. These studs all seem longer than necessary & dig-into one's back at every opportunity, so that's something to do to them all eventually. Anyway, these machinations permit the folding of the side without distortion with the 'roll at the front of the footwell. A bit of a pain, though!

Where oh where can I stow my Aquaroll without having to de-tyre it, please? What does everyone else do? Is this item made in different sizes or shapes? With the bog in the car boot already, there isn't room there, & I'd rather not have either of these on the back seat. All helpful suggestions welcome!

Steve Lord