The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Is this a Minimotel?

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
Grumm

Is this a Minimotel?

Post by Grumm » Mon, 05 Oct 2009, 8:12 pm

A friend of mine has bought this - any clues at to what it is? Minimotel, perhaps?
100_0441.jpg
100_0442.jpg

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 06 Oct 2009, 6:32 pm

As people will know by now, I never say never when it comes to Mini-Motels, Portafolds or Ansfolds but it doesn't look like any pictures I've seen of Mini-Motels, or of it's half brother the Sussex Two-some.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Tue, 06 Oct 2009, 6:38 pm

I'd love to have a look at the inside? especially with that skylight, but like hubby says...Where is the door??
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

pollythevan

Post by pollythevan » Tue, 13 Oct 2009, 2:26 pm

I would guess half a pint of beer, possibly Real ale or "Homebrew" on a block of wood ?!

sorry not a clue about the caravan
Regards

Polly the van
polly the van

Grumm

Post by Grumm » Wed, 14 Oct 2009, 7:02 am

It has now been dragged out of the undergrowth and pictures of the inside will be on their way - I say inside, it sort of came apart, so not sure quite what we've got yet.............

vauxhallbitz

Post by vauxhallbitz » Wed, 14 Oct 2009, 9:32 pm

Hello,

Looks interesting! What is the pick up in front of the van?

Fraser.

Woodie

Post by Woodie » Wed, 14 Oct 2009, 10:19 pm

that pick-up looks suspiciosly(sorry about the spelling) like a moggy pick-up with a home made rear wooden bed

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri, 23 Oct 2009, 5:02 pm

My mate has one of these or somthing very similar and it was called a Sherman. The ends come erect on some sort of roller system but it does not work very well and is very heavy to put up. One person could not do it on their own. Its in a bit of a state inside as all the internal partitions have rotted out (according to him as I have not seen the inside)

Grumm

Post by Grumm » Fri, 23 Oct 2009, 5:14 pm

Michael wrote:My mate has one of these or somthing very similar and it was called a sherman. The ends come erect on some sort of roller system but it does not work very well and is very heavy to put up. One person could not do it on their own. Its in a bit of a state inside as all the internal partitions have rotted out (according to him as I have not seen the inside)
This is the same - the door is on some sort of roller - still waiting for pics to arrive so that I can post them

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri, 23 Oct 2009, 7:25 pm

I'll see if I can get some pictures next time I'm over his place and any info he has.