The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Kitchen Unit / Table

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
hattytheherald

Kitchen Unit / Table

Post by hattytheherald » Thu, 14 May 2009, 9:21 pm

Hi all

We have just started the renovation of our Portafold that we have owned for a couple of years. The origional kitchen unit/bunk bed was not present. We would love to be able to make one to fit the caravan and although we have approximate sizes from the original literature wondered if anyone had an original and could provide us with measurements and photos if possible. We would be planning to use it as a bunk bed. Also does anyone have an original table? Again measurements and photos would greatly enable us to make a copy!

Many thanks

Mark and Vanessa

KorenM

sink unit/table

Post by KorenM » Sun, 12 Jul 2009, 3:50 pm

Hi,

I have an orignal sink unit , but not the table( wish I did)

I don't use the sink unit as it's so heavy and awkward to manoeuvre. I've got a sheet of wood instead.

I'm snowed under currently, but I could bring it over for you to see later in the year if you like.

Email me,

Koren

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 12:10 pm

The shelf/kitchen unit/bed was missing from mine, as well.

Would I be right in thinking that this unit also acts as a back-rest to the lower cushions when not in place as a kitchen area/bed? If so, how does it work? How does it stay in place?

I presume it is 2' wide and the length is sufficient to allow it to rest on the lower lip of the sides?

Ian

KorenM

kitchen unit/bed

Post by KorenM » Wed, 15 Jul 2009, 4:38 pm

To be honest I've never used it as a back rest as I don't have the extra cushens. the unit fits between down the middle for traveling, resting on the lips on the single beds/benches.

I'm guessing that the unit lays up against the end wall to act as a back rest. the photocopied hand book I have doesn't make it very clear.

I can get you full measurements in a couple of weeks, but I can't get to the unit at the moment.

Koren