The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Wroughton 2008 - anyone here going?

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
knottyknitter

Wroughton 2008 - anyone here going?

Post by knottyknitter » Fri, 18 Jul 2008, 9:40 pm

I know this should really be in the events section but I thought more people would see it here.

Never been before but having looked at the website it looks great. I am tempted by the prospect of the hog roast as well as all those great old cars :D

Is anyone here going?

What is the form - do you just pitch up on Friday and they park you somewhere or do they keep similar vehicles together.

Also, is there space around the area to set up camp. We would need a little space as there are 6 of up (well, five and a half really)

Also the Ansfold is still a bit of a wreck needing loads (well everything really) doing. Is it worth taking her or is it an event for pristine vehicles only. I don't want to go down in history as the worst ever "exhibitor" :lol:

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat, 19 Jul 2008, 12:09 pm

Laura,

I haven't displayed my Portafold at Wroughton before because I've always been on a club stand, but there was always plenty of space around the Portafolds.

I will be going this year, one way or another. Don't think the Anglia will make it through an MOT by August but I've got a couple of backups if not.

I've paid for my tickets on-line using Paypal, but they haven't arrived yet. I'm going to chase them up this afternoon.

Contact details for the show can be found on the other topic:
viewtopic.php?t=12

I wouldn't worry about the condition of your Ansfold, anything is welcome, and if it's anything like classic cars you'll get more interest than a pristine one.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

demondriverdave

Wroughton - anyone here going?

Post by demondriverdave » Mon, 21 Jul 2008, 7:56 pm

Hi,

I should be going. Last year there were more than 20 Portafolds/Ansfolds there so lots to peek into and see the differences.

Dave.

Peter&Denice

Wroughton

Post by Peter&Denice » Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 12:07 am

Hi all
We will be there with the Anglia & Portafold, hope to arrive Friday evening, not sure where we will setup camp.
Matthew, did you manage to find out when the tickets were being sent out?
Pete

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 12:30 am

Pete,

It'll be good to see all 4 of you and it should be a good weekend.

The reply I got about the tickets was:

"Tickets are normally sent out in batches, the bulk tend to be the earlier bookings (these have now all gone out), then we do batches as the bookings come in, normally sending them out every day or so. I am not sure therefore which batch your tickets went in but I can confirm that you are booked in and that your tickets are on their way so hopefully you should get them shortly. If you haven’t got them by the end of next week call me and I will send them out again. If you still don’t get them, don’t worry, we have a list on the gate of everyone who has booked so they can check you through there, just quicker for you if you have a pass displayed."

In reply to my question about us all parking and camping together, I got:

"You are very welcome to park wherever you wish, either in the general individual exhibitor area or with a club stand."

So it looks like we're all sorted. If anyone is reading this and they haven't booked in, it only takes a few minutes to do on-line and a couple of quid so give it a go and join us.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

demondriverdave

Wroughton

Post by demondriverdave » Thu, 24 Jul 2008, 12:58 pm

Received my ticket this morning :)

Have a few logistical issues that have come out of no where, so might not be able to make it now, which will be great shame :-(

txfsealord

Wroughton

Post by txfsealord » Sat, 26 Jul 2008, 9:19 pm

Yeah, we're going, see you all there I hope.

Steve Lord

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat, 26 Jul 2008, 9:40 pm

I'm onto Plan B.

The Anglia is still too far from its MOT so I've fitted a towbar (which I already had sitting in the back of the garage) to my Fiesta. It's a 1100cc Mark 2 so it'll be a good test for it.

Should be there late afternoon Saturday. See you all there. :D
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

knottyknitter

Post by knottyknitter » Wed, 30 Jul 2008, 11:17 pm

Ooooh how exciting - I received my tickets this morning and also spoke to the lovely Jo on the 'phone to confirm a couple of details regarding camping and arrival times.

Tonight I spent a couple of hours cleaning but I am still feeling a little :oops: about how much work still needs to be done. I am hoping people will take pity on me and make lots of renovation suggestions!

Does anyone know if it is OK to make tea inside etc whilst the public are viewing. Also, I have a pop-up awning - is it OK to have that beside the Ansfold.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 30 Jul 2008, 11:36 pm

Got mine this morning as well :D

I'm booked as an individual as well so I'll be pitching on the field somewhere.

We all have to start somewhere with our vans and no-one can claim to have a immaculate one. I can assure you that there'll be no snobbery over the condition of yours. I'll bring my T-Cut and polish...

You can do what you like in your Ansfold (within reason :wink:) while you're on show. People like to see them being used. They might be on display but they are a working exhibit.

And from what I've been told by the organisers there should be enough room for a small awning. But you won't know 100% till you get there.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk