The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

The Wroughton Classic Car & Bike Show 2008

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

The Wroughton Classic Car & Bike Show 2008

Post by Admin » Tue, 30 Jan 2007, 7:14 pm

On the 2nd & 3rd August 2008 come and enjoy a weekend at Wroughton Airfield at Swindon and help us to try and beat the current record of the most Portafolds and Ansfolds together in one place.

You can arrive any time after 3pm on the Friday afternoon and stay till late on Sunday. There will be live entertainment on the Saturday night, a hog roast, a silent grand prix, free entry to the science museum and hangers D3 and D4 will be open free. Full 24 hour site security for the 4 days over the show. A classic car auction on Saturday. It's free entry and camping for exhibitors, and with an anticipated 350 autojumblers there should be plenty of excuses to spend your money. There's free entry for the public and last year there were 23,000 visitors to the show. They've laid on free transport from Swindon town centre and Swindon train station and to top it off they're putting on a BBQ for all attendees on Friday evening.

For more information follow the link from the 'Events Diary' page at portafold.co.uk
Last edited by Admin on Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

Wroughton '08

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 6:18 pm

Hi Matt, I'd love to come to this, it sounds really great! But because I thought the Portafold site was defunct, I've provisionally agreed to support a friend's local event on the 3rd August. I'm going to see if I can get out of that without raising his hackles too much, I'll keep in touch. Thanks for your info about our chassis no., by the way.

If we can come to Wroughton, could it be possible to stay Sunday night as well, leaving Monday morning? We prefer to do that generally if it fits in with my wife's shifts. She's on shift at the moment so I can't ask her how it does fit yet, I'll write again when I know more.

Cheers,

Steve Lord

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 8:30 pm

Not sure on the staying Sunday night, to be honest I might have to point you in the direction of the organisers to see what their feelings are on that. Usually it comes down to the insurance. Most show organisers don't like to have people on their site when their public liability insurance has expired.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

Wroughton '08

Post by txfsealord » Wed, 16 Apr 2008, 4:32 pm

Hi Matt, yes we're up for Wroughton! And we would like to stay Sunday night as well if possible, so if I could have the organiser's email please, I'll ask them.

Good to see other club members returning to the (porta)fold!

Steve

txfsealord

Wroughton '08

Post by txfsealord » Mon, 21 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm

Hi Matt, I asked the Wroughton organisers & they said staying Sunday night was no problem but we had to be off site by 10.00am Monday.

Steve

Snorbs

show

Post by Snorbs » Tue, 17 Jun 2008, 5:19 pm

Hi,
I was at wroughton last year with the portafold.There were quite a few and also airstreams and other campers.
We were lucky as we were parked by one of the runways last year so we had the best view of scrap heap challenge which they were filming and they wanted us to be part of the audience which was great fun and they had a warm up guy who had us all in stitches and he was very cute as well :D
The weather was great it was really hot and we even formed a team to take part in the go cart races although i just watched and held the sun tan lotion.
It was a nice weekend and plenty of people wanted to look at our portafold and have a chat.