The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

What Do You Tow Yours With?

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
Snorbs

Post by Snorbs » Thu, 11 Jan 2007, 7:39 pm

Hi Stuart did you take your 2cv and portafold to broadlands last year? :D

stuartbubbles

Post by stuartbubbles » Fri, 12 Jan 2007, 11:54 am

I sure did - have been for the past 2 yrs - it's a great little show... :)
Stuart

Snorbs

Post by Snorbs » Sat, 13 Jan 2007, 10:21 pm

Thought it might of been you ! i'm the mad woman you camped next to this year :roll:

stuartbubbles

What do you tow yours with?

Post by stuartbubbles » Sun, 14 Jan 2007, 10:02 am

Ahhhhhhh
Hello - good to hear from you - how cool you are on here too - I take it Neil in the forum is your other half?
How have you been?
Stuart

Snorbs

Post by Snorbs » Sun, 14 Jan 2007, 6:02 pm

yep! neil is my other half .we are good friends with the guy who's web site this is.we are both ok and busy still doing the wolseley hornet"cyril" he's been a bit of a problem :roll: also, neil has re-done the model a van you saw at broadlands last year but, we have not had time to do the portafold yet which we will regret as time is moving on so quickly and we will need to use it soon :cry: .we would like to use some of the ideas we got from looking at your portafold as we think they were really good :) .Have you done any thing to your portafold? and have you both got out there doing your driveway to put it on yet?

stuartbubbles

Post by stuartbubbles » Sun, 14 Jan 2007, 9:19 pm

I thought it was you!! Hoorah...!
Oh - I do hope you manage to get 'Cyril' back on the road again soon - it would be good to see him - I remember yourself and Neil talking about doing things to the Model A - glad you've managed to get around to it... Can't wait to see the Ford either!
Shame you haven't managed anything with the Portafold though.
No - I haven't done anything to the Portafold since we last saw you - and it's still on the same old drive!
Not sure what I'll have in store for the portafold for this year? Maybe get to re-cover the seats but other than that - have stuff to do to Clara the 2cv to get her ready for possibly going to Sweden in July... Still haven't decided yet. :roll:
Currently busy planning a trip to Australia in April to see a couple of friends getting married in Sydney so time's going to be a bit precious...
As you say - time is moving on quickly and so much to do...
Are you going to be at Broadlands again this year? Would be great to catch up :D
Stuart

paul~3

what to tow with ?

Post by paul~3 » Sat, 20 Jan 2007, 4:13 pm

I went to the 2cv national held at buxton 28th Aug 2006 called the "Firkin National" was a very good turnout. Took the Reliant & Portafold and was made very welcome, lots of interest in the outfit and could have sold both many times. Spare parts (2cv) brand new and used were for sale in abundance, everything was catered for even special beers were brewed for this event :D
Some 4x4 2cvs turned up, with mud on "now they do look like an off roader" used for a purpose and not for an image! cant even call'em gas guzzlers 8) . My interest in the 2cv is 'cos i bought a new one in 1976 and towed a Fisher Holivan with it, ok if not windy, didnt know portafolds were available then. For anyone interested it will be there again for 2007.
See my portafolds here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26942080@N02/2521414758/

demondriverdave

what do you tow yours with ?

Post by demondriverdave » Sun, 21 Jan 2007, 5:35 pm

Hi there, just joined the site. I tow mine with a 1970 Bond Equipe Coupe. Tows very well and you wouldn't know it was there if it didn't block out most of the back window :)

knottyknitter

Post by knottyknitter » Sat, 27 Jan 2007, 11:50 am

Hello all - just joined up and brimming with loads of questions. We have an Ansfold which is a total wreck and needs a complete refurb. but was bought very cheaply from Ebay. I started off looking for a folding camper, stumbled across a couple of Portafolds and fell in love with their quirky looks.

I'd love a classic car to hook up to the old girl but for now I have to make do with a ridiculous mismatch of vehicle to van. My car is a Volvo V70.

Paul~3 - my first ever car was a bright yellow Citroen Diane/Dyane (can't remember how it was spelled now). How I loved that car - I saved for a year for her and was devastated when she went to the Great Scrapheap. 2cv's are fantastic cars (I couldn't afford one in those days!). I would love one now but would have to strap assorted kids to a roofrack for us all to fit into one.

Looking forward to talking to all of you.

txfsealord

Post by txfsealord » Wed, 09 May 2007, 4:45 pm

We (will be) towing ours with my old Morris Minor 1000 saloon, in the family since 1959 & owned by me since '72. It has a 1300 engine & can just about manage a "normal-type" caravan, but it isn't fun & the fuel consumption's appalling. The Ansfold, when refurbished, will be a revelation I hope!
Steve Lord