The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Table legs

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
The Gomersalls

Table legs

Post by The Gomersalls » Mon, 20 Oct 2014, 10:25 pm

Hi, we have a table with our Portafold which came with a selection of dansette style legs but none of them are the correct height to use the table in the van.

Can anyone advise us what length the legs should be, and has anyone found suitable replacements?

Thanks

Marie & John

Admin

Re: Table legs

Post by Admin » Wed, 22 Oct 2014, 4:08 pm

If you have the original three legged table, you should have one long and two short legs. The long one goes on the floor, the two short sit into small holes in the edge of the locker, each side of the walkway.

You can also use four long legs on an original sink unit, so it can be put up in the awning outside.

Not come across any replacement legs or fittings yet unfortunately.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

The Gomersalls

Post by The Gomersalls » Wed, 22 Oct 2014, 5:20 pm

Thanks for the reply, our table unfortunately cant have the original legs as it has a set of short ones (about 5 inch) which make it too low to get your knees under when resting on the edges, and if you add one of the long ones it then sits at a strange lopsided angle. They all have the flexible feet too which I don't think original ones have from the photos we have seen, hence it would be good if we can find out what size they should be.

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 22 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm

Bad time of year to ask I'm afraid, mine's away for the winter now, but I should be opening it up again at some point to do a few jobs. When I do I'll measure the legs for you.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

The Gomersalls

Post by The Gomersalls » Wed, 22 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm

Thank you.

RayH

Post by RayH » Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 5:56 pm

Hi, on mine, the 2 short legs are 11 inches long and the long one is 23 inches - I think that they are original.
Cheers
Ray

The Gomersalls

Post by The Gomersalls » Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 8:49 pm

Thanks Ray, gives us something to look at this winter.