The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Rubber seals (again)

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
bigbird

Re: Rubber seals (again)

Post by bigbird » Fri, 04 Apr 2014, 11:02 am

Hi Steve, many thanks for this, I'm going to have a look at her this weekend and see if I can figure out where the gaffer tape should go, it sounds like we are indeed missing this! Thank you so much for the help...hopefully, she'll be a lot more water tight than she has been :-)

Regards, Jan
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

txfsealord

Post by txfsealord » Fri, 04 Apr 2014, 6:17 pm

Hi Jan, sorry I didn't correctly remember your name! It's been a while since I posted on here.

If you'd like to send your email address, I'll send you some pictures of the tape. I have never found out how to operate Matt's Machiavellian photo-bucket system, I gave up on it a long time ago.

Steve Lord

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat, 05 Apr 2014, 10:55 am

Hey! It's not 'my' Photobucket system! :)

Although I completely agree, Photobucket is far too complicated for its own good.

Anyway, at your request Steve, I have switched on the feature that allows people to post their pictures directly onto the forum. They will then sit on the server forever and never expire. Only downside is, if everyone posts loads of pictures, my hosting bill for the site is going to increase massively, but if it keeps my forum members happy, it's a burden I'll have to bear! :)

With this in mind I've limited the file size to 500 kB, which is more than enough to display a good quality picture. Enjoy everyone!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

Post by txfsealord » Sat, 05 Apr 2014, 7:46 pm

Oh heck, did I ask you to do that Matt? I don't remember anything about it; I have slept since then, many times of course, so recall was always going to be unlikely . It certainly wasn't my intention to put you to more costs than you incur already, but many thanks for going there!

My camera takes photos of around 800kB, so I've sent what I have directly to Jan. As usual, I don't have precisely what is required, the van's up & full of stored....things. I'll be clearing it out so I can fold it for picture-taking asap.

Steve Lord

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

I've just posted another thread on the forum. When I finally opened her up, hell was waiting...we emptied 15 gallons of water out of her!!!! Just repairing some hinges now and installing the ducktape!!! Keeping everything crossed that this will work for her :-/
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 23 Apr 2014, 10:45 pm

Where is your water getting in? I've had mine out in all weathers and it's bone dry, and I've not replaced any of the tape on mine yet.

Sounds like you need one of my caravan covers: http://www.portafold.co.uk/parts_and_sp ... cover.html

:)
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!