The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Phunkie Project Portafold

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
vauxhallbitz

Re: Phunkie Project Portafold

Post by vauxhallbitz » Tue, 31 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

Well done I have really enjoyed your posts and the workmanship is second to none, I hope you have many happy times with your van. The pinstriping looks great!!

I was looking for it at the Street Rod Nationals at the weekend but I assume you were not there....

phunkie hiboy

Post by phunkie hiboy » Tue, 31 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

vauxhallbitz wrote:Well done I have really enjoyed your posts and the workmanship is second to none, I hope you have many happy times with your van. The pinstriping looks great!!

I was looking for it at the Street Rod Nationals at the weekend but I assume you were not there....
Thanks for that. The Street Rod Nationals is the event that is held in Suffolk on August bank holiday. We were at the Hot Rod Supernationals at Old Warden at the weekend, is that the one you mean. Check out this thread...................

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=533
Built without compromise by the more luck than judgement method

vauxhallbitz

Post by vauxhallbitz » Tue, 31 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

Sorry about that you are correct, I don't know how I missed your van as I always trawl the campsite looking for Portafolds, we were staying in the mansion house.

I saw the other three but completely missed out on yours, never mind there's always next year!!

70sfreak

Post by 70sfreak » Wed, 01 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

Chris
Looking superb in the pictures as couldn't find you at Old Warden despite the directions you gave us !
Second time out for our Portafold and loving it !

phunkie hiboy

Post by phunkie hiboy » Wed, 01 Aug 2012, 10:12 pm

70sfreak wrote:Chris
Looking superb in the pictures as couldn't find you at Old Warden despite the directions you gave us !
Second time out for our Portafold and loving it !
We'll be at Pylewell park with Steve and Babs in two weeks, maybe you'll get to see it there. :thumbup:

Ambubird

Post by Ambubird » Thu, 02 Aug 2012, 8:51 pm

:thumbup: Yay! Finished at last, you must be well chuffed, it looks great!

Debbie

3commando

Post by 3commando » Mon, 06 Aug 2012, 3:51 pm

I have to say tihs is a fantastic job, and has become my "bible" of reference, for all the work I am going to have to do to mine, to keep "her that must be obeyed" happy. Since we got our Porta, the only time we use our tenting equipment is when we travel abroad, otherwise the comforts of the Porta are insisted on, without argument. Well done, and look forward to your next project.

phunkie hiboy

Post by phunkie hiboy » Mon, 06 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

Ambubird wrote::thumbup: Yay! Finished at last, you must be well chuffed, it looks great!

Debbie
Yes, but still some small bits left to do, but it is now totally usable especially with the huge Just Campers drive away awning(thanks to Vanessa for pointing us in that direction) we bought to use with it :D
1.jpg
2.jpg

phunkie hiboy

Post by phunkie hiboy » Mon, 06 Aug 2012, 8:04 pm

3commando wrote: Well done, and look forward to your next project.
Thanks for that. Hope you're sorting yours out ok. Our next project unfortunately won't be on here 'cos it's not a folding caravan, it's a period speed boat that I've had for over 15 years. It needs to be finished to then get on with the Nash Metropolitan Sue has bought to tow the 'fold. You'll be able to follow both builds on this site .................

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?www

You'll find them under General Tech when we start.

phunkie hiboy

Post by phunkie hiboy » Thu, 23 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm

Some photos of our spare wheel bracket. Just fabricated a bracket that fits our wheel/tyre combination and bolts onto the front legs of the chassis. The wheel is secured with one wheel nut through the wheel and onto a stud on the bracket.
1.jpg
2.jpg
picture639_640_x_480.jpg