The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Hellooooo - Portafold Wanted - NO LONGER REQUIRED

Any 'Wanted' requests.
RockabillyBilly

Hellooooo - Portafold Wanted - NO LONGER REQUIRED

Post by RockabillyBilly » Fri, 27 May 2011, 10:15 am

Hellooo there. I'm new...well, not in the Biblical sense because I'm actually 54 and 3/4. :| But new to this 'ere Portafold malarkey. :thumbup:
I have a PA Cresta so I thought it would be rude not to tow a Portafold behind it so I'd like one please.
Problem is, I have short arms and deep pockets. Not only that, my pockets haven't got a lot of money in them either. So perhaps what I'm looking for is a Portafold that may require a bit of fixing up maybe. I have been to look at one (now sold) from a great chap that is a member here but due to the old arms/pockets scenario, I missed out on it.

So, there we have it. Problem is, I don't so, if you have and you don't want it, can I have it please?

Thanks nicely, Billy. :thumbup:

DanBoy

Re: Hellooooo

Post by DanBoy » Sun, 29 May 2011, 12:36 pm

Good luck Billy. I sure hope you find one. :wave:

RockabillyBilly

Re: Hellooooo

Post by RockabillyBilly » Sun, 29 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Hi Dan and what a coincidense...your the great chap I mentioned above! :thumbup: Yep, if one's got my name on it, i'll get one. Perhaps I should change my name to Billy Portafold to increase my chances? That's what my Mum told the couple next door to do during WW2, so they became Mr and Mrs DoodleBug. She never did like 'em. :?
Hope your well Dan. May see you at some show or other soon? Tata fer now, Billy. :D

RockabillyBilly

Re: Hellooooo - Portafold Wanted

Post by RockabillyBilly » Wed, 08 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

I wonder if anyone could tell me the rough weight of a Portafold please? I/we actually bought one last Sunday then, a week and a day later, and 4 days before we were due to travel (a hell of a long way) to pick it up, the person who was selling it either "changed his mind" or, someone "changed" it for him. :thumbdown: Not happy. Anyway, we may have to look for another Caravan, either perhaps a 2 berth Thompson or something along those lines. So, was wondering if we could find the weight of a Portafold (laden or un-laden) and compare it with a small 2 berth.
Incidently, has anyone got a small, 2 berth for sale. Nearish to South Cheshire would be a bonus.

I'll probably get told off now for mentioning a non-Portafold on here! :oops:

Thanks anyway, Billy

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 08 Jun 2011, 5:53 pm

Billy,

All the technical info you could possibly need is on the last page(s) of the original brochures. To view them click on the links above: 'Portafold Literature' and 'Ansfold Literature'.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

RockabillyBilly

Post by RockabillyBilly » Wed, 08 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

Thanks for that, I'll check 'em out after I've cooled off from being really exited about owning a Portafold and then, in one fell swoop, not owning one. :?
Thanks Matt. Billy

RockabillyBilly

Post by RockabillyBilly » Sun, 26 Jun 2011, 6:34 pm

Futher up-date; Hoooooray! I/we have a little Portafold! Well, I say 'little' but they're probably all the same size but 'little' compared to the Cheltenham caravan that I thought i'd have to buy 'coz I never thought i'd get to own a Portafold. We bought it off a smashing chap who is a member on here but I forgot to ask his user name. Real nice bloke and he put up with my impressions too. Just think how light you got off DanBoy 'coz I didn't do any when I came to see your Portafold.

Expect a load of questions off me and ShellyWell now!

Thanks nicely, Billy. :thumbup:

RockabillyBilly

Post by RockabillyBilly » Mon, 27 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

These 'ere Portafolds are like bus's....none for ages then two come along at once. Just to clarify...I actually dont think theyr'e like bus's at all. I mean, where would the conductor stand? Or am I thinking of an orchestra? :oops:

Anyway, yet another up-date! Just come back from buying yet ANOTHER Portafold. This needs no work and is good to go whereas the first one I bought off Ned Smanks is, by Ned's own admission, a project and as such, what with my back being as it is, I may have bitten off a little bit more than I can chew although it towed back to the Ranch a treat...a trip of about 250 miles.
So, the upshot is, it's for sale (Matthew will be letting you know soon) I wanted to let Ned know first, which I have just done and he's ok with it. I felt a bit guilty to be honest, what with me only just buying it, but, as I say, he's ok.
I need what it owes me, which taking into account distance etc etc is £400. Ned's original asking price.

Thanks nicely, Billy

RockabillyBilly

Post by RockabillyBilly » Mon, 04 Jul 2011, 10:01 am

Sold.