The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

colour coding 1974 Portafold

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
bigbird

Re: colour coding 1974 Portafold

Post by bigbird » Fri, 28 Jan 2011, 10:37 am

Hi there! Here's another idea, we had a very badly cracked and crazed roof, so we repaired the cracks with fibre matting and anything that needed it with gel filler, then sanded to a smooth painting surface. The final coat of paint was provided by a fantastic paint, specifically designed for yachts (well it is a fibre glass hull really) it was very expensive, but so far it's lasted two years, out in all weathers now...it hasn't changed in the slightest or leaked...result!! :thumbup:
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

aallen

Post by aallen » Fri, 28 Jan 2011, 4:36 pm

Thanks everyone for all your answers. In the first instance I will shampoo and polish it and see whay happens.
The van also needs painting on the inside including the inside of the roof. From your comments it looks as if this can be done with the Crown primer and gloss--any comments please.
Tony

Admin

Post by Admin » Fri, 28 Jan 2011, 6:02 pm

aallen wrote:The van also needs painting on the inside including the inside of the roof.
For the walls I used a good quality meldew resistant kitchen/bathroom paint, check out: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21

Could be used on the ceiling as well I guess, but I've got a flocked ceiling so I've not had that pleasure. At Stapleford last August I got shown a really nice (ceiling hiding) drape that Heidi has made, simple and very effective.

I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

aallen

Post by aallen » Sat, 29 Jan 2011, 12:11 pm

Thanks Matthew,
I would like to see the picture as it sounds interesting
Tony

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat, 29 Jan 2011, 11:23 pm

Admin wrote:At Stapleford last August I got shown a really nice (ceiling hiding) drape that Heidi has made, simple and very effective.

I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
aallen wrote:I would like to see the picture as it sounds interesting
Found them!

It's a simple piece of material with some nice machine work and some velcro pads sewn to it to hold it in place when you're pitched up. It hides the painted ceiling and creates a great finish. Plus it'll stop any condensation from dripping on you in the night...
Jen_Melton_59.JPG
Jen_Melton_60.JPG
Jen_Melton_61.JPG
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

aallen

Post by aallen » Sun, 30 Jan 2011, 3:17 pm

Thanks Matthew it looks really good.
Tony

53catalina

Post by 53catalina » Tue, 17 May 2011, 9:40 pm

The interior is now nearly complete.
New Carpet, new table, and covers all fitted to the cushions. Just the top shelf to be covered.
P1090891Small.jpg
P1090894Small.jpg
P1090893Small.jpg

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Wed, 18 May 2011, 5:06 pm

Hi, the whole unit is looking great! Did you make the table yourself? it's great, love to hear some more info on that!
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

53catalina

Post by 53catalina » Wed, 18 May 2011, 5:50 pm

Hi
The table is 18mm ply, and rests on the ledge that is on the front edge. I am still in two minds whether to make this more of a fixture, rather than just resting under its own weight.
The front leg is hinged so folds up underneath and just needs a magnet fitting to keep it stored against the underside.
It has been cut so it is a tight fit in the seat ledges,so it doubles up as the bed base.

The other sheet of ply above it runs between the two side ledges. This will be covered with an American Theme vinyl material i have found. My daughter has already tried this out as a bed base, but in reality it will be used for the radio, cups, saucers, food etc.

Our aim is for one adult and two kids inside the van, and one adult in the awning. I think I will be the adult in the awning :lolno:

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 19 May 2011, 10:56 am

53catalina wrote:Our aim is for one adult and two kids inside the van, and one adult in the awning. I think I will be the adult in the awning :lolno:
:lol:, it's always good to deligate!!!

Thank you for the info, it's a great idea using the table as the centre board as well! I store ours under the bed at the moment, so it makes sense to use it, although I have to admit, she's not getting much use at all at the moment, since we purchased a camper!!