The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Belvoir Castle, Nr Grantham - 21st & 22nd May 2011

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

Belvoir Castle, Nr Grantham - 21st & 22nd May 2011

Post by Admin » Tue, 22 Mar 2011, 1:29 am

We've had an invite to exhibit at a big show happening at Belvoir Castle, near Grantham, Leicestershire on the 21st and 22nd of May. It's a first come, first in basis as there's limited space. Send me a PM if you're interested in exhibiting.

Oh and Nich Stanyard's the organiser. :thumbup:
The chap who organised (and broke) the UK Classic Caravan Record at Melton Mowbray last August bank holiday. :clap:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

SEDDON

Re: Belvoir Castle, Nr Grantham - 21st & 22nd May 2011

Post by SEDDON » Thu, 24 Mar 2011, 5:28 pm

will see you there :thumbup: ,we already booked in with him :clap:

swampthing

Post by swampthing » Wed, 30 Mar 2011, 12:13 am

I'm hoping to get my Portafold, yes I've got one of those now, (as well as the Chateaumobile, the Stirling and the Cheltenham) ready and roadworthy to Belvoir Castle this year. Like they say, if you can't beat them join them! So if i manage to finish it, or at least make it presentable, that'll make five that are booked in so far. Closing date for entries is 21st April.

Nich Stanyard

P.S. Thank you to all of you that came to Stapleford last year.

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 30 Mar 2011, 12:34 am

Nich,

Does that include me?

I'm doing everything I can to get the Anglia ready in time, but if it doesn't happen I'm stuck as I've blown up the Audi so I've lost my other tow car...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

swampthing

Post by swampthing » Wed, 30 Mar 2011, 10:39 am

Don't fret about a car! I am led to understand group member Paul Smith is going to be demonstrating how to tow his portafold with a tandem at Belvoir !. I think i can feel a 'you've been framed' £250 moment happening !

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 31 Mar 2011, 7:35 pm

swampthing wrote:Don't fret about a car! I am led to understand group member Paul Smith is going to be demonstrating how to tow his Portafold with a tandem at Belvoir !
Whilst that sounds great, I've got 190 miles to do, and I don't think I'd manage it on a tandem!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

swampthing

Post by swampthing » Mon, 04 Apr 2011, 8:30 am

You just keep me informed as to the progress with the Ford. The closing date for entries is the 21st April, so allowing a week each way for postage, me to post you a entry form and you to reply, you will need to make the call as to whether you can make it by the 14th-15th of this month.

Hope to see you there,

Good luck
Nich

Admin

Post by Admin » Fri, 09 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

Should anyone be following this thread, I would NOT recommend this show to anyone. :thumbdown: Whilst the show itself was ok; the over-bearing, argumental, officious, down right rude security staff on the gate have meant that I will NEVER grace their show with my car and caravan again.

Add to that the very long pot-holed suspension-killing track you have to drive down to get in the show and the fact you can't get mobile reception anywhere on the site I would recommend to anyone else that they give this show a wide berth as well. Shows need to learn that they can't treat people like dog mess on their shoe when they've driven from the other end of the country just to attend their little show. The only way they'll learn is with exhibitors boycotting the show.

With road closures, diversions and several over-heatings it took me 7 and a half hours to get door-to-door only to be told that if I wasn't happy with the way they were treating me I could turn around and go home! :evil: And believe me, I would've done, had I not been there to meet paul~3, fifi and swampthing; and been within 3 hours of home!

Oh, and I should point out that I was polite at all times, was convivial, smiling at all times, i didn't raise my voice, nor did I swear once.

Also, this report should in no way reflect on Nich (swampthing), who was only the section organiser by the way. :thumbup:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Fri, 09 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

Ooo doesn't sound good, unfortunately, some of these shows do tend to forget that without the exhibitors and their willingness to travel, they wouldn't have a show...had some of this myself in the past...lessons to learn :eh:
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...