The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Door Lock

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
aallen

Door Lock

Post by aallen » Sat, 12 Feb 2011, 1:21 pm

Not a good day--Starter motors u/s on my 1954 Landrover and now trying to get the handle off the upper door lock so as to try and get a key to fit.I have sheared the two screws holding the outer chrome handle and it would still not come away from the door.So I then removed the 3 wood screws from the plastic inner lock and this also would not remove.
Does anyone know how to get the two apart, because even if I dont find a key I shall need to remove the remains of the screws to secure it back in position.
Tony

53catalina

Re: Door Lock

Post by 53catalina » Sat, 12 Feb 2011, 1:38 pm

the outer handle should slide off. nothing technical holding it on, probably just years of rust.
have you tried tapping it with a hammer to see if this helps it move?

Admin

Re: Door Lock

Post by Admin » Sat, 12 Feb 2011, 9:19 pm

It's a shame you've got the later style interior handle, the older style one (once you remove the cover plate) gives you access to the end of the square shaft of the handle. A swift thump with a hammer and a hole punch would sort that out, but as you've got the more recent handle everything I've just said is completely irrelevant... :wtf:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!