The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

National Gathering @ Wings & Wheels - 13 & 14 August 2011

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

National Gathering @ Wings & Wheels - 13 & 14 August 2011

Post by Admin » Wed, 01 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

The 3rd National Portafold and Ansfold gathering at,

The Royal Berkshire Festival of Wings, Wheels, Speed and Steam.

on the weekend of the 13th & 14th of August 2011. (But you can arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning if you wish)

We'll be having an even bigger and better stand than last year and with lots of interest shown already I'm expecting a massive blow out of a show.

As usual it's being held at White Waltham Airfield and they'll be increasing the number of exhibits again which includes Steam Engines, Commercial Vehicles, Classic and Vintage Cars, Motorcycles, a large Rock 'n Roll contingent comprising of American Vehicles, Traditional Fun Fair Organs, Military Vehicles and Scrambling Bikes. There will also be plenty of static aircraft on display.

To book your free pitch at the show either send me a personal message through the forum, or email me using the contact details on the Contact Us page at http://www.portafold.co.uk/contact_us.html

or reply below to this post.

Show site address: White Waltham Airfield, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3NJ
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

hattytheherald

Re: Wings, Wheels, Speed & Steam - 13 & 14 August 2011

Post by hattytheherald » Wed, 01 Sep 2010, 8:37 pm

Hi Matthew

Please put us down for this one. Sounds like its a good one for the kids.

Mark and Vanessa

txfsealord

Re: National Gathering @ Wings & Wheels - 13 & 14 August 2011

Post by txfsealord » Fri, 10 Dec 2010, 5:33 pm

Hi Matt, we're up for this one! It was SO GOOD last year! We'd like to turn up Friday & leave Monday morning please, as usual.

Cheers,

Steve & Rose Lord

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Sun, 19 Dec 2010, 4:54 pm

Hi Matt,

See you there. Lets hope I can borrow dad's Midget too. :wink:

Fifi.

Brambles

Post by Brambles » Mon, 20 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

Matthew,
Add me to your list, please.
2010's event was most enjoyable, an excellent weekend.
Thanks,
Mike H

Peter&Denice

Post by Peter&Denice » Tue, 21 Dec 2010, 7:00 pm

Matthew
Me & the family will be there, probably arrive Saturday evening for the Sunday.
Will be towing with one of the Anglia's.
Pete

BRI52

Post by BRI52 » Thu, 20 Jan 2011, 9:43 pm

Hello Folders, I will be attending the Berkshire wings,wheels,bicycle,rollerskate,etc. I hope to encourage 5 other members of the Victory Wheelers who own Portafolds and old cars to come as well. We could have a convoy.

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy » Fri, 21 Jan 2011, 7:57 am

Put me down for this as well. Notwithstanding, I have to do a complete restoration and I haven't even started yet! Oh well. it should prove a good incentive to have a target date. :shh:

53catalina

Post by 53catalina » Sun, 23 Jan 2011, 9:46 pm

BRI52 wrote:Hello Folders, I will be attending the Berkshire wings,wheels,bicycle,rollerskate,etc. I hope to encourage 5 other members of the Victory Wheelers who own Portafolds and old cars to come as well. We could have a convoy.
Thats a Big 10-4, Good buddy :thumbup:

Admin

Post by Admin » Fri, 04 Feb 2011, 3:57 pm

Update:

They've added to the name of the show, as if it wasn't long enough already! It's now...

Retrofestival - Wings, Wheels, Speed, Steam, Music and Dance.

and I've received the following info from the organisers about what they've got planned for the weekend:

This being the fifth year of the Festival and its third year at White Waltham we are positive that 2011 will be a bigger and better show yet again. Year on year the Festival has grown in size and stature and this year will be no exception. This year we have kindly been allowed the use of the huge aircraft hangar and therefore the stage acts will perform from inside the hangar thus providing a cover for thousands of visitors and a fantastic atmosphere.

Stage acts will be a prominent feature at both venues starting at 11am each day ending at 11pm on the Saturday night and 5pm on the Sunday, capturing the period from 1930's to the 1970's. The Conchords Big Band in Glenn Miller mood as well as Eugene Portman and Alice Harvey playing swing will be performing on Saturday afternoon alongside the Lindy Hop Dance competition. This will be followed by the Rock 'n' Roll evening including a dance competition for the best Rock 'n' Roll jivers going on until 11 pm. Hosted by Wildcat Pete and starring The Jets at the top of the bill, the Rock 'n' Roll will continue throughout the evening with Hot Doggin, The Muleskinners and Bemie Woods and the Forest Fires in support. On the Sunday afternoon, The Conchords plus Eugene Portman, Alice Harvey and all the Lindy Hoppers will be back. As will Britain's best Elvis tribute artist Adam Carter, the Glamsters, Hot Doggin, the Muleskinners and the fabulous Lights Out. Entertainment will also be provided on the Friday evening for Owners, Exhibitors and Traders. All of this is Free to Owners, Exhibitors, Traders and all included in the price of admission for paying visitors.

Surrounding the Arena will be 1000's of vehicles from collectors' classic and vintage vehicles to military vehicles from home and across the pond, from Rockers on bikes to Mods on scooters, fairground organs, emergency vehicles, from heavy to miniature Steam and of course the great Rock n Roll section including 100s of American vehicles and RV's.

The Arena will be running almost non stop from 10am each day and to round off the entertainment there will be flying displays including aerobatics from Alex Smee, Captain Neville's Flying Circus plus a special tribute for our fighting heroes. What a way to round off a superb weekend!

Entry for each exhibit is free of charge and two people will be permitted entry free of charge per exhibit. Should you wish to attend with any other guests tickets are available at a reduced rate of £6.00 inclusive of VAT.

If you are exhibiting a Classic caravan/living van we assume you will be staying in your exhibit, unless you notify us otherwise.

Finally, in 2010 we tried to organise a Period Dress Competition for exhibitors and public, regrettably it was poorly launched and consequently not enough people knew about it, despite two weeks of advertisements in newspapers from Reading to Harrow. Our aim now is to establish the concept, which of course will need your support and to encourage your colleagues to get dressed up and in the mood. We will offer prizes to owners and their vehicles in appropriate attire throughout the decades, ie: pre 1940, 50's, 60's & 70's. This will extend to clubs/groups and vehicles, and of course visitors will be greatly encouraged and awarded prizes in the same way.

P.S. I now have the entry forms so if you haven't said you want to come yet let me know and I'll fill in a form for you.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!