The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

New owner with a few pics..............Hello all !

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
Grindon

New owner with a few pics..............Hello all !

Post by Grindon » Thu, 02 Dec 2010, 8:50 pm

Hi all,

My name is Kevin and I live in the North East of England. After looking for something 'ready to use' for a little while, I bought my Portafold last summer but have just got around to loading up some pics - so I thought I would share them in case anyone was interested. I do have a few old classic cars, predominantly VW or older aircooled Porsche, but pulled my Portafold around last year with my Skoda Fun pickup as it was the only thing I had at the time that had a towbar :roll:
LPIC0480.jpg
Awning3.jpg
It doesn't really need five to put up the awning, but it was the first time and we were 'trying it out' :lol:

I hope to see some of you around this year 8)

Cheers,

Kevin
ps - many thanks to Matthew for identifying my Portafold as a 68'

Reggie

Re: New owner with a few pics..............Hello all !

Post by Reggie » Fri, 03 Dec 2010, 3:43 pm

Hi nice portafold you have, I guess you are into vws as well what do you have then ?

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy » Sun, 05 Dec 2010, 1:22 pm

Hiya Kevin. Recently sold my Fun pick-up. Just got a portafold myself but it needs some work. Hopefully catch up with you at some meet or other (I also attend VW shows, did E38, Dubmania and a few others this year) Welcome to the portafold forum. :thumbup:

Grindon

Post by Grindon » Mon, 06 Dec 2010, 5:07 pm

Reggie wrote:Hi nice portafold you have, I guess you are into vws as well what do you have then ?
Hi, thanks Reggie. A constantly, changing stock :roll: . Over the last few years: couple of Trekkers, Splitscreen Crewie, Karmann Ghia Cabriolet, Fasty, couple of Polo's, several Scirocco's, T4, but believe it or not, one of the most enjoyable (and the cheapest) was an 83' Santa GX5 with a throaty 5 pot 2 litre motor - lovely.

I now have in various states of repair; MK1 Scirocco, Skoda Fun Pickup, T4 Caravelle, Early Type 2 panel Van, 356, 914, early 911. Sounds a lot but not all are working :cry:

DanBoy wrote:Hiya Kevin. Recently sold my Fun pick-up. Just got a portafold myself but it needs some work. Hopefully catch up with you at some meet or other (I also attend VW shows, did E38, Dubmania and a few others this year) Welcome to the portafold forum. :thumbup:
Hi, Thanks for the welcome. I love the Skoda, so versatile. I get to as many shows as I can (did 3/4 this year) but it's difficult as I live up North as most of the better ones are a long way away. Hopefully that will change next year with the Portafold. Looking forward to seeing a few of you next year 8)

Cheers,

Kevin

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 06 Dec 2010, 11:09 pm

Grindon wrote:I get to as many shows as I can (did 3/4 this year) but it's difficult as I live up North as most of the better ones are a long way away. Hopefully that will change next year with the Portafold. Looking forward to seeing a few of you next year 8)
You'll have to get down to Wings & Wheels in August Kevin, should be a good turn out. :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=361
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!