The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

1974 Portafold For Sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
bigbird

1974 Portafold For Sale - NOW SOLD

Post by bigbird » Sat, 24 Jul 2010, 9:01 pm

1974 PORTAFOLD FOR SALE, WITH AWNING ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT £600, ADVERTISED IN THE ISLE OF WIGHT COUNTY PRESS.

PHONE NUMBER: 01983 883336

COST OF CAR AND TRAILER OFF THE ISLE OF WIGHT VARIES BETWEEN £80 AND £130.....FERRY COMPANIES ARE http://WWW.REDFUNNEL.CO.UK AND http://WWW.WIGHTLINK.CO.UK.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

BB.
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Ian

Re: Portafold For Sale

Post by Ian » Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 12:38 pm

Hi BB,

Is this you moving 'Matilda' on?

Grumpy olde northern git

Admin

1974 Portafold For Sale

Post by Admin » Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

Ian wrote:Hi BB,

Is this you moving 'Matilda' on?
Ian, nope it's not Jan, it's being sold by a chap called David, it's quite a late one being from 1974. It's been used for a number of years up to and including 2008 and is in full running order. The awning and porta-potti are included and it has his own design of velcro'd head lining. It's fitted with a mains hook-up and new consumer unit with RCD and trips.

He's asking £600, and to help viewing he will pick up any foot passengers from the Fishbourne (Portsmouth route) car ferry terminal.

And like it says above, he's available on 01983 883336.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

bigbird

Re: 1974 Portafold For Sale

Post by bigbird » Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 1:39 pm

Absolutely correct Matthew, however, I am moving vehicles this week, my Spitfire is due to be sold, but we're buying a Vdub diesel camper to tow Matilda with! p.s. I will try again to see that chassis number, it is really illusive at the moment, I must be missing something..possibly grey matter!!
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

That's the sort of thing I need, a slightly old VW turbo diesel camper with a big bed, fridge, cooker and sink. Something I can drive around the country when I'm working to save on hotel bills.

Travelodge do good deals at £19 but not always at the hotels I want, when I want them, so a camper would make good sense.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

Judging by the amount we paid Matthew, you're probably better off sticking to the hotels..lol. We almost thought we were going to have to sell Matilda, but after all the work I've done to her, I couldn't bear to part with her...we'll keep her, as long as we're able to lift the roof up!! :thumbup:

53catalina

Post by 53catalina » Mon, 02 Aug 2010, 8:02 pm

Now with it's new owner, me!

Great condition and well looked after by its previous owner. Only needs a bit of fettling to put my own mark on it, and a bit of paint to match my car, which luckily is pale yellow and white, so close to the original gelcoat colour.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Mon, 02 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

Oh well done, you should have emailed us, you could have dropped by and seen our 'Matilda' .....are you going to put some photos on, we'd love to see her!! :wave: