The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Shelf/Area at the end of the van

Anything you've created that didn't come out of the factory.
SEDDON

Shelf/Area at the end of the van

Post by SEDDON » Fri, 02 Jul 2010, 2:42 pm

Hello all, :wave:

Our Portafold hasn't got one of the above, yet. We are toying with the idea same as others have done to put a sink/bowl & cooker on. There is a hole already drilled in centre of the ledge below the window, leaving me to think maybe it was for a waste pipe from a sink in a former life.

A .... Do they just sit free on top of the little side shelves?
B .... What were they made of? Plywood, fibre glass? I presume when striking camp it goes in the spare floor space?

Thankyou
:)

Admin

Re: Shelf/Area at the end of the van

Post by Admin » Fri, 02 Jul 2010, 3:51 pm

The only thing that I know were sold with Portafolds were the sink units. Big heavy GRP bench like things that had a sink in the middle and a drainer on one side. They also doubled as the childrens bunk, and they just sit on the shelves on each side wall.

I'll try and take a picture at the weekend to demonstrate what it looks like. I'll also weigh it...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

SEDDON

Post by SEDDON » Fri, 02 Jul 2010, 5:47 pm

Thank you Matthew, minicab looks to have 1 in his,
seems like some inventive thoughts will find a way, we are full of them in times of need must lol,

minicab

Post by minicab » Fri, 02 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm

SEDDON wrote:Thankyou Matthew,minicab looks to have 1 in his,
seems like some inventive thoughts will find a way,we are full of them in times of need must lol,
Hello.

If you need more pictures of the sink. Please let me know and I will send you pictures.
Kindly regards
Anders
--------------------------------------------------

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 19 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Took a bit longer than planned but here they are:
Sink Top.jpg
SinkUnderside.jpg
Mine has a hole and a clamp underneath for a tap of some sort. And I can confirm the drainer part should be on the left, given away by the curtain loops which run along under the front edge.

It measures:
Between 1624-1631mm long.
Between 607-629mm wide.
Between 34-39mm thick.

(Being a Portafold item, they differ depending on where you measure them!)

I also weighed it at 11.5 Kg...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

SEDDON

Post by SEDDON » Wed, 21 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

Many thanks for the pictures Matthew,are the 4 grey corner bits for leg fittings,if used outside,just curious,
The weight is very good to know,
We have several ideas ref.,the sink ext,will most likely tell better on our maiden trip,in August,
Thankyou again

MINICAB...Thankyou for your offer of pics,i am fine thankyou,

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 22 Jul 2010, 6:48 pm

SEDDON wrote:...are the 4 grey corner bits for leg fittings...
Yes they are, they originally came with four long legs for the sink unit, and one long and two short ones for the table.

As for the sink, I'm in the process of getting a price, from my GRP guy, for getting them re-made. Watch this space...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

knottyknitter

Post by knottyknitter » Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 9:42 pm

Matthew if you do manage to find someone to replicate these then you can definitely count me in. I would love one of these for the Ansfold. I'm also on the lookout for a table or a good approximation of the originals if anyone has any ideas

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Tue, 17 Aug 2010, 4:28 pm

Hi All,

Did all Portafolds come with the sink unit/shelf? There doesn't seem to be any provision for a waste pipe in our 'van

Thanks

Anth
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 17 Aug 2010, 6:58 pm

knottyknitter wrote:Matthew if you do manage to find someone to replicate these then you can definitely count me in. I would love one of these for the Ansfold.
No probs, once I get a price I'll put it on here.

triumphtone wrote:Did all Portafolds come with the sink unit/shelf? There doesn't seem to be any provision for a waste pipe in our 'van
It is listed in the brochures as standard equipment in all Portafolds but they may have withdrawn it later and kept it as an optional extra to save on money.

Mine has an original looking bung in the floor of one of the front lockers which looks like a drain pipe hole. Some people have put holes in the bottom of their bay window, but I don't intend on making any new holes that aren't there already.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk