The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Inside Steve & Rose's Ansfold

Anything you've created that didn't come out of the factory.
txfsealord

Inside Steve & Rose's Ansfold

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 29 Jun 2010, 8:00 pm

Hi all, I've been meaning for yonks to take these photos. I thought I'd better do it soon, before things get too scruffy! There are more pics of the 'mods' in other threads, these show the finished articles - or as finished as things are at the moment.
Bed.jpg
BED - Made in the usual Ansfold way, with tabletop + 3 planks across footwell with side cushions above.

Cookingworkarea.jpg
COOKING WORK AREA - Rose says all it now needs is some cup-hooks; I thought I had finished this bit. The shelf behind cooker & sink is 16swg aluminium sheet.

Cupboardclothesspace.jpg
CUPBOARD & CLOTHES SPACE - Locates around the offside-rear locker lid which has had to be slightly reduced in size. The shell of the cupboard attaches to its base & to the side-shelf with small draw-bolts. Its top is anchored to the end wall by the clothes-space lid.

Daytime.jpg
DAYTIME - The standard Ansfold short table is still currently in use. I cut up an old Mini rear seat-cushion into wedge-shaped foams to reverse the uncomfortable backrest angle. The short cushions look stark but allow better locker access than the long ones; they can be swapped. Green covering is my first attempt at trimming & not very tidy.

Foldingcupboard.jpg
FOLDING CUPBOARD - Basically 1/4" ply assembled with bits of lightweight piano-hinge cut to length.

Fridgecookersink.jpg
FRIDGE, COOKER & SINK - The folding steel frame is mainly Dexion channel & picks up the original 1/4"UNC cooker mounts in the rear wall.

Kitchenarea.jpg
KITCHEN AREA - It's quite hard to get far enough back to show such things as the paper-towel holder, without going outside!

Smallfoldingcupboardabovesink.jpg
SMALL FOLDING CUPBOARD ABOVE SINK - I practiced making these on this one, hence the wonky inner shelf which always irritates me. It's very difficult to get an uninterrupted top shelf over both the folding verticals.

Steve

txfsealord

Re: Inside Steve & Rose's Ansfold

Post by txfsealord » Mon, 05 Jul 2010, 5:18 pm

I have obediently done as I was asked & made hooks for mugs/cups. What a good idea of my wife's!
Newmughooks.jpg
The other pics show the hooks & cupboards in folded condition for travelling, & the altered lid of the o/s/r locker. Timber braces have been added under the fibreglass locker top-deck, as the big cupboard, when filled with food, is very heavy.
Cup-hooksfoldedflat.jpg
Cupboardsfolded.jpg
Bigcupboardbasesmallcupboardonedge.jpg
The info-board doubles as a sunblind & fits either side, or the front window.
Info-sheetassunblind.jpg
Steve