The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Our new Portafold

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
bigbird

Re: Our new Portafold

Post by bigbird » Wed, 09 Jun 2010, 5:54 pm

Lol, she's fab, comes with hood covers, full toneau with centre zip, original large steering wheel, roll bar, overdrive....ooops, sorry was that too much..lol... :D
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Wed, 09 Jun 2010, 5:55 pm

did I also mention that she needs restoration.....not so much fun.....
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Wed, 09 Jun 2010, 6:20 pm

One of mine does too. We bought it boxes. Its body shell is complete, just needs the engine rebuilding, and the gearbox, then the re-triming, etc, etc, etc :D
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 10 Jun 2010, 11:01 am

Fortunately about 20 years ago, we took the body off and replaced the bits that had rotted, so she has a relatively new body! She's been resprayed a couple of times (three since I've had her) but I've decided that I'm probably too unfit to scrabble in and out of her now..lol. So, got to decide how to advertise her now, thinking of Ebay, but I'm not sure about that one.... :crazy:

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Thu, 10 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

The MkIII seem to be rather sought after at the moment so I don't think you'll have any trouble selling if you can bear to lose her. I can say from bitter experience its easier getting in and out of a spitfire than it is a GT6 (especially with the roof down :D )
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 10 Jun 2010, 6:23 pm

Te he...yes I can appreciate that, it is a case of falling in and clambering out isn't it...rather than the standard car's clambering in and falling out...

Interesting that you say that about MKIII's, I must admit I do like the shape of them in preference to the other marks...

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Wed, 16 Jun 2010, 10:43 pm

Finally managed to get the awning up tonight. It needed a few minor repairs but does seem to be the correct awning for the van. It even has a shaped section to close the gap under the fan. It also seems to have an internal devider that forms a toilet area. If attached some photos of the awning. It is not up correctly because it hasn't any guy ropes at the moment. I'll have to get some and then pitch it properly.
P6160210.jpg
P6160211.jpg
P6160212.jpg

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 17 Jun 2010, 1:20 pm

Wow, she's lovely and what a big awning!! Mine is half the size, but it's not original.

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Thu, 17 Jun 2010, 3:28 pm

I was amazed at the size of it. It seems like the awning is bigger than the portafold! At least I'll have somewhere to keep the car dry :D It seems to be missing a pole that runs through the middle of the roof between the frame and the portafold roof, but other than that and the guy ropes it seems complete

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 17 Jun 2010, 7:47 pm

I believe it's quite rare to get the original awnings, so this is a result and your car will be dry like you say.. :lol: