The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Booking in to campsites!

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
sqweaka

Booking in to campsites!

Post by sqweaka » Sun, 13 Jun 2010, 6:22 pm

When you guys book in to camp sites what do you say you have?

trailer tent, folding camper, caravan?

Just wondered as the price can go up a bit depending on what its classed as!

Admin

Re: Booking in to campsites!

Post by Admin » Sun, 13 Jun 2010, 7:16 pm

:shock: folding camper?

:shock: :shock: trailer tent?

:wink:

I tell them it's a folding caravan, but to be honest they don't need to know it folds down. As far as they're concerned it's a caravan.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Sun, 13 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

I tell them it's a folding camper...there's every chance you get in for cheaper and hey, they won't know the difference between it being that and a caravan anyway..lol.

Have you noticed how most people stand around scratching their heads when you arrive...he he..... :wtf:
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

stuartbubbles

Post by stuartbubbles » Mon, 14 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

I usually just say I've got a folding caravan and yes - the scratching of heads can be most amusing! but a great conversation starter!

Had one couple ask if it was ok to take photo's of mine so they could send them in to a well known caravan magazine for their retro van section - they were very smitten.

I bought said magazine for about a year afterwards and never did see my porti featured :thumbdown:
Stuart

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 15 Jun 2010, 1:34 pm

Just wait till me and Misty Meg turn up at the campsite down the road from the Goodwood circuit. Should be interesting to see their faces...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Misty Meg

Post by Misty Meg » Tue, 15 Jun 2010, 6:02 pm

Not half as good as Melton Mobray (hopefully) :thumbup:

The others will be old - but ours will also be individual...

Re camp sites I believe they have to consider them caravans as, unlike a trailer tent, the sides and roof are solid - to do with their quotas and insurance. Discovered last bank holiday weekend when a site had space for trailer tents but no caravans :thumbdown:

paul~3

Post by paul~3 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010, 9:42 pm

Well try and sound completely honest and tell em. "Just bought it mate, some sort of folding camper i think...." Should save you a couple of pounds, and we deserve to save this money - yea !! :think:
See my portafolds here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26942080@N02/2521414758/

alexdundee

Post by alexdundee » Mon, 21 Jun 2010, 2:26 pm

We have the same problem, not sure what we have booked in the end, but we get hard standing with electric hookup thrown in. I think they booked us in on the motorhome area, but I much prefer to be in the tent area where you have more grass and open field around you. We'll see! Booked a week in Cornwall. :wave:
http://www.alexdundee.com
http://www.hdvwclub.co.uk - Harrogate and District VW Club.