The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Portafold For Sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
oldmanorcafe6468

Portafold For Sale - NOW SOLD

Post by oldmanorcafe6468 » Fri, 04 Jun 2010, 3:04 pm

Hi all,

I have a portafold for sale, which I purchased off ebay last April, after it was advertised on this website.

The portafold has not been used since I purchased it, due to a relationship breakup. It needs a little tlc cosmetically, other than that its ready to use!

A couple of things have been done to it, it now sits on 10" Mini wheels, these were purchased from Pickets Piece autojumble, the tyres are brand new, never touched the road. I have removed the coverings on the sponge cushions as they smelt a little musty, and curtains were given to me but they remain in the packet.

When I purchased the Portafold it already had the roof painted silver, this remains the same, also the roof is in the 'fins' style, like an old 50's car, the walls are original cream, and the base was painted black, which has been removed in a small place - not finished. The interior was already painted cream, this hasn't been touched either.

Should anyone wish to view the Portafold, please reply to this message. It can be seen in Aldershot, Hampshire. GU12

Cheers, Janie.

redhead

Re: Portafold for Sale

Post by redhead » Wed, 09 Jun 2010, 7:24 pm

Hi,

Have just seen your advert for your portafold caravan, do you still have it for sale?
Do you have a price in mind and do you have any pictures you could send me, I am in
Cornwall, so it would be good to have an idea of what its like and a bit more info
before we travelled to see it.

Many thanks
Debby

oldmanorcafe6468

Post by oldmanorcafe6468 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010, 3:54 pm

Yes the portafold is still for sale. I originally purchased it for £700 but am willing to let it go for £500 - I can't really accept anything lower than that.

Its towable and ready to use now, just needs touching up cosmetically. If you pm me your email address I'll have a go and sending some pictures.

Also at the time of purchasing this portafold, it was identified as a 1972 model.

SEDDON

Post by SEDDON » Thu, 10 Jun 2010, 4:51 pm

Hello Janie,

I have had been looking at your advert, but was not a member at the time, I to was thinking exactly the same things as Debbie.
I know this sounds very cheeky, but if you do not ask, you do not know.
Is it possible we could be included in having some pictures? or more info on the external condition,also please.

Regards

Maureen

oldmanorcafe6468

Post by oldmanorcafe6468 » Fri, 11 Jun 2010, 10:45 am

Hi there, yes I'll try and post some pictures of the portafold over the weekend. Unfortunately being only 5ft tall, I need help opening it up. :)

Graham Lilly

Post by Graham Lilly » Tue, 15 Jun 2010, 4:47 am

Hi there,
Do you still have the portafold caravan, if so would it be possible to send a few photos of it please.
The reason is that I live up in East Yorkshire, it's a little too far to come to view.
Regards Graham

oldmanorcafe6468

Post by oldmanorcafe6468 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010, 7:35 pm

I've taken 20 pictures of the portafold. If there is anything you can't see clearly enough, or want a photo of something I haven't taken, please let me know.
Also let me know if you can't view these pictures from the link.

[DEAD LINK REMOVED]

SEDDON

Post by SEDDON » Wed, 16 Jun 2010, 9:55 pm

Hello there, thank you for posting the pictures, you have been busy.

With ref. to the roof, are you reluctant to pop it out in case it cracks it? Is it watertight?
and are the towing lights working so it can be towed away to home please.

Thank you

Maureen :)

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 16 Jun 2010, 10:15 pm

As most of you know, I have a policy of not getting involved in the sale of Portafolds :silent:

but I feel I should just mention that a lot of Portafolds (and more Ansfolds) do have a dip in their roofs. Mine has one and it's not affected its ability to keep the rain out. I have seen one somewhere with a nice varnished wooden brace running the length of the roof which was obviously added at some point to add a little extra strength to the 40 year old GRP.

I'm sure a lot of them at some point in their lives have had things put on the roofs for storage etc, or even a child or two thinking they were strong enough to stand on... :thumbdown:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

SEDDON

Post by SEDDON » Wed, 16 Jun 2010, 10:22 pm

thankyou very much for the advise,apreciated :)