The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Quietness

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
txfsealord

Quietness

Post by txfsealord » Fri, 02 Apr 2010, 7:23 am

Hi all,

I hope all this peace & tranquillity means everyone's beaverin' away getting their 'vans ready for the summer season! Can we expect record turn-outs of freshly restored Portys & Annies this year?

Seriously, I hope lots of you will get out for rest &relaxation in them & have great times!

Cheers,

Steve Lord

BRI52

Re: Quietness

Post by BRI52 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010, 5:32 pm

Popped my Portafold up today, the hinges creaked a lot and I oiled them before closing last year. Despite being covered up, a little bit of mould inside. Easily fixed with a wash and a bit of paint when i get a minute. Off to Cheddar in a couple of weeks, towing the van with my van for a bit of Motorcycling.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Mon, 05 Apr 2010, 8:56 pm

Opened my Porti 'Matilda' up a couple of weeks ago and got a shock...all the interior work I had done was covered in damp mould, my fault for leaving one of those crystal de-hums in her and not emptying it...duuuuuuuuurrr. :clap:
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue, 06 Apr 2010, 4:20 pm

When the wind drops below a gale I'll risk opening the little beast up (haven't finished replacing all the hinges, yet :roll: ), but the 4" of snow that was on it last week tends to put one off :thumbdown:

Ian ont' northern isle

Misty Meg

Post by Misty Meg » Tue, 06 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm

BRI52 - what motorcycling are you doing in Cheddar and when - would be good for a ride out... :wave:

fibreglasshero

Post by fibreglasshero » Fri, 16 Apr 2010, 12:00 pm

Hi, after many a long session with the fibreglass, paint & socket set, 'Poppy' the Portafold, is finally set for her inagural trip out into the big, bad world.
We are off to Sandringham for a weekend, we felt it only appropriate that she should be 'christened' in a Royal park setting!
I'll report back any disasters when we return!
So many repairs, so little time!

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Fri, 16 Apr 2010, 1:19 pm

Ooo pictures please!!
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...