The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Classic Motor Show NEC 2009

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
nigel c

Classic Motor Show NEC 2009

Post by nigel c » Sun, 04 Oct 2009, 7:53 pm

Hi Portafolders,
I'm the registrar for the Peerless & Warwick Owners Register...who I can hear you say? Well our cars were made in Slough in the late fifties out of GRP too! :lol:
We are putting on a stand at the Classic Motor Show in November and as part of our "Theme" we would like one of you caravans on our stand. (I don’t agree with “Themes” when people virtually cover or disguise there pride and joy to catch the organisers eye, but after 30 years in the exhibition/museum trade I do know how to “set the scene”) An elderly member of our club has a great car that fits the bill and it has a tow bar and it would look great with one of yours on the back.
Unfortunately I can’t cover expenses but I can get you into the show for free. :)
If you go to our website www.peerless-gt.co.uk and have a look at us you will see why I want a Portafold....you match at the back!
Secretly I have always wanted a Portafold, nearly bought one about ten years ago for £200 but the wife overheard the conversation and well you can guess the rest…to her defence I was unemployed at the time and had already got 14 cars!!!
:roll:
I digress, if there is anyone out there who would be willing to bring one along please get in touch.
Regards
Nigel Cluley

Gt2@peerless-gt.co.uk
07803 201 600

nigel c

Post by nigel c » Wed, 14 Oct 2009, 10:05 pm

Hi Again,
well 26 lookers and no takers? :cry: i really would like one of these on the stand, can anyone help?? :wink:
are you having your own stand at the show? if you have thought about it I can help with the red tape etc. :roll:
regards
nigel

Snorbs

NEC show 2009

Post by Snorbs » Sat, 31 Oct 2009, 6:45 pm

Hi Nigel,

I would've loved to have brought our Portafold to the NE,C but sadly i would not have been able to do all weekend with it :cry:

I hear you do have someone attending with their Portafold now which is good news :D

I am thinking of attending on the Friday maybe and if i do i will come and find your club stand and say hello.

Good luck with the stand :D

nigel c

Post by nigel c » Mon, 02 Nov 2009, 5:34 pm

by all means drop in :lol:

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 02 Nov 2009, 5:41 pm

Me and Snorbs will be dropping by on Saturday now, not Friday, it's cheaper!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Snorbs

nec show 2009

Post by Snorbs » Mon, 16 Nov 2009, 6:54 pm

Hi Nigel,

I must thank you and your members for making Matthew and myself very welcome on your club stand and for looking after our belongings while we walked around the show :D

We had a really nice day, made new friends and your club stand was fantastic !!

It was great to see a Portafold at the show 8)

Again, thanks for everything

Kind regards

Snorbs :D

nigel c

Post by nigel c » Tue, 17 Nov 2009, 7:20 pm

Hi snorbs, (but I like the sound of Miss Tingle better!) :oops:
thank you for your kind words, we all had a good time and it was really nice to have an added atraction with our cars. :D
:idea: perhaps we will meet up again somewhere? my "other" group went to Malvern for the october show and there where lots of campers there so perhaps you could look at that one? :D
anywho good luck in the future and if anyone has a portafold for sale at an adventagous price please get in touch :roll: