The 10th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering (i.e. 2018)

Following the huge success of the 9th International Gathering we'll be at Retrofestival again. It's a massive show now and is popular with everyone.

It's held at the Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ; on the weekend of the 10th, 11th & 12th of August 2018.

Don't book with the organisers, contact me to get your pitch saved.

Inside Steve & Rose's Ansfold

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.

Inside Steve & Rose's Ansfold

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 29 Jun 2010, 8:00 pm

Hi all, I've been meaning for yonks to take these photos. I thought I'd better do it soon, before things get too scruffy! There are pics in the 'mods' file of some of the methods used, these show the finished articles - or as finished as things are at the moment.
BED - Made in the usual Ansfold way, with tabletop + 3 planks across footwell with side cushions above.

COOKING WORK AREA - Rose says all it now needs is some cup-hooks; I thought I had finished this bit. The shelf behind cooker & sink is 16swg aluminium sheet.

CUPBOARD & CLOTHES SPACE - Locates around the offside-rear locker lid which has had to be slightly reduced in size. The shell of the cupboard attaches to its base & to the side-shelf with small draw-bolts. Its top is anchored to the end wall by the clothes-space lid.

DAYTIME - The standard Ansfold short table is still currently in use. I cut up an old Mini rear seat-cushion into wedge-shaped foams to reverse the uncomfortable backrest angle. The short cushions look stark but allow better locker access than the long ones; they can be swapped. Green covering is my first attempt at trimming & not very tidy.

FOLDING CUPBOARD - Basically 1/4" ply assembled with bits of lightweight piano-hinge cut to length.

FRIDGE, COOKER & SINK - The folding steel frame is mainly Dexion channel & picks up the original 1/4"UNC cooker mounts in the rear wall.

KITCHEN AREA - It's quite hard to get far enough back to show such things as the paper-towel holder, without going outside!

SMALL FOLDING CUPBOARD ABOVE SINK - I practiced making these on this one, hence the wonky inner shelf which always irritates me. It's very difficult to get an uninterrupted top shelf over both the folding verticals.

Re: Inside Steve & Rose's Ansfold

Post by txfsealord » Mon, 05 Jul 2010, 5:18 pm

I have obediently done as I was asked & made hooks for mugs/cups. What a good idea of my wife's!
The other pics show the hooks & cupboards in folded condition for travelling, & the altered lid of the o/s/r locker. Timber braces have been added under the fibreglass locker top-deck, as the big cupboard, when filled with food, is very heavy.
The info-board doubles as a sunblind & fits either side, or the front window.