The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

My '72 Portafold

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
sqweaka

My '72 Portafold

Post by sqweaka » Wed, 12 May 2010, 9:26 pm

Just picked up last week my first Portafold. It's a 72 model bought fairly local to me! About the Portafold, it's got a new set of cushions, carpets and the roof and sides have been lined. It also has a custom made sink and cooker areas that fold up and stores away in the centre when travelling. They fit on both sides as you enter. It also comes with the original 12" wheels and hubcaps which I believe are very hard to come by It also has an awning, though I haven't had that out the bag yet. The roof could do with a little TLC but it's not to bad. I did find that it was very very light on the drawbar and found a wheelbarrow full of paving blocks in the pockets at the rear! I guess the last owner thought it needed them for balance but I took them out to give it a better nose weight on the towball of the car. here some pics
portafold017.jpg
portafold008.jpg

Michael

Re: My '72 Portafold

Post by Michael » Thu, 13 May 2010, 7:38 pm

Bargain of the decade mate!!!!!!!! Are you sure they are 12" wheel as they look smaller than mine?

hads

Post by hads » Thu, 13 May 2010, 8:40 pm

looks good :thumbup:

sqweaka

Post by sqweaka » Sun, 03 Apr 2011, 12:47 pm

now up for sale £900 xxxxx xxxxxx