The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Awnings

Things you've sourced that are suitable for Portafolds or Ansfolds.
txfsealord

Non-standard awnings

Post by txfsealord » Wed, 25 Jun 2008, 5:36 pm

Having dithered for a very long time, we eventually bought a Caranex H4TS awning tent. This size is the largest Caranex & fits things like Bedford Bambis, large panel vans & so on. I have to say it doesn't fit the Ansfold very well. We used it last weekend for the Minor club's National rally. It rained fairly hard at night several times & was quite windy nearly all the time - trying conditions for us tyro caravanners/campers. (It's the 2nd time we've used the Ansfold.) Many people at this do had gazebos, & most of them were blown down. There was a big pile of scrap gazebos in the skip at rally's end. The Ansfold was unmoved by the weather, I'm delighted to say, but the Caranex was not so satisfactory. I had to get up twice on Saturday night to remove water pooled on the roof, & to re-peg & tighten guys. I got dressed eventually & took it down before it was damaged. The makers have always been very helpful, they offered to alter it to my design & they've now offered a refund if I want to return it. They're an excellent outfit - shame their product isn't suitable for our vans without lots of modification. Guess I have to count this one as a failure - an expensive failure.

Back to the drawing board for me; I intend to look for a porch awning this time. In the meantime the Khyam'll have to suffice.

Steve Lord

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 06 Aug 2008, 6:39 pm

Just found another couple of useful awning links. One of them can be found by following the link I put on the post earlier but he other is a new one:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/membershop/bd_navigator.asp

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/membershop/bd_movelite.asp

Both look like they should fit a Portafold. :)
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

New Awning

Post by txfsealord » Wed, 04 Feb 2009, 8:20 pm

Hi all,

Irritated by past failures on the awning-front, we've decided to bite the bullet! We've commisioned NR Awnings to modify one of their porch-awning designs for specific use with the Ansfold.

The initial choice of NR Awnings was made in a rather unscientific way, I'm afraid; I'm very much a feet-&-inches bloke & they were the only company quoting sizes in imperial units, saving me the tedium of converting them to usable format! More importantly, the manager & staff seem competent at understanding the problems posed by rear-access caravan designs.

I'll let you know more about it as & when I can.........

Steve Lord

Admin

Re: Portafold Awning

Post by Admin » Mon, 25 Mar 2013, 5:01 pm

After emailing Mary who is selling her Portafold I can confirm that the Auvent 7228 is suitable for the Portafold, with the addition of the joining flap and awning channel tubing.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!