The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Locks & stuff

Things you've sourced that are suitable for Portafolds or Ansfolds.
Angie

Locks & stuff

Post by Angie » Wed, 28 Feb 2007, 1:38 pm

Hi, I have a beautiful portafold called Doris and want to ensure that she stays mine. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to secure her. My main concern is that someone will tow her away. There seem to be a variety of locks etc but I don't know which work! Any suggestions?

paul~3

Post by paul~3 » Wed, 28 Feb 2007, 5:50 pm

Hi Angie When i lock mine to the towcar i use a standard brass 1" d-lock around the handle catch. This prevents one from lifting the handle to release the ball. :idea: If i'm on a field i put a dummy ball in the socket - one that tightens into the hole and locks up. Bit expensive but you can use it on any towball, and so its handy for the future. Halfords sell em :wink:
See my portafolds here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26942080@N02/2521414758/

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 01 Mar 2007, 11:14 am

Like Paul I use a insertable hitch lock, got mine from Towsure.
HitchLock.gif
http://www.towsure.com/maypole-insertab ... -hitchlock

I'm also going to invest in a wheel clamp this year for that extra visual deterrent.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Angie

locks & stuff

Post by Angie » Tue, 06 Mar 2007, 1:25 pm

Thanks for this. It helps to know what to look for.

txfsealord

Hitchlock

Post by txfsealord » Fri, 15 Jun 2007, 9:24 pm

I wanted a hitchlock but the current offerings don't seem to fit the hitch, besides being ruinously expensive. I've been trying to find a secondhand one which fits, without success. I've just got back from buying one which almost, sort of not-quite fits, well actually it doesn't fit but I think I can alter it. Even that cost £20.

Isn't it a bind the way they will meddle with things all the time, in the name of progress!

Steve