The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Caravan chassis mods

Anything you've created that didn't come out of the factory.
txfsealord

Caravan chassis mods

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 10 Feb 2009, 2:48 pm

Ansfold007.jpg
Looking rearwards from the offside-front corner. The black cable is for the trailer's lights. The angled spikes & nuts on bolt-tails are foot-flange clamps for the two gas bottles.

Ansfold006.jpg
Similar view from the nearside-front. The gas-pipe can be seen cleated to the hull. The brace beneath the axle has shims which can be changed to alter the shape of the chassis' hull-supporting surface, should further hull-distortion occur.

Ansfold004.jpg
Underside of the fridge-locker, seen from nearside-rear. The red plugs close holes for the waterpump & wastepipe.

Ansfold003.jpg
View from offside-rear. The "rods" in the foreground are light-gauge tubing, forming a rear cross-member which braces the door opening against distortion caused by someone standing on the threshold when the van is supported on its corner-jacks. Shock-absorbers are Mini front ones, (old Mini that is), they're different colours because they were bought at different times & aren't the same make.

Ansfold002.jpg
View from nearside-rear. The left-hand end of the rear crossmember is seen, as well as the amount of extra depth at the inner edge of the fridge-locker. (about 3/4").

Many thanks are due to Matt who tirelessly educated me so I could caption these photos!
Last edited by txfsealord on Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.