The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Hinge Tape

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
txfsealord

Hinge Tape

Post by txfsealord » Mon, 02 Jul 2007, 7:27 pm

Our Ansfold had 4" wide self-adhesive plastic tape, reinforced with nylon strands, stuck over the hinge axes of the folding sides. We've been making rather half-hearted attempts to find a replacement for this, but all we are offered is 2" Duct tape (sometimes called Duck- or Gaffa-tape). So that's what we'll use, at least initially.

Anybody know what this originally was? As our 'van had been re-hinged throughout at least once, & done partially several times judging from the number of hinge-rivet holes, we've no idea what is correct.

Thanks,

Steve

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat, 12 Apr 2008, 7:53 pm

As our walls (below the shelf line) have been painted in pastel yellow bathroom and kitchen paint I've got some yellow duct/duck/gaffa tape. It's only 2" wide but there might be wider available, and as I haven't actually got round to fitting it yet I can't tell you if it's any good but I would say it's as close as you're going to get to the original.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

Hinge tape

Post by txfsealord » Sun, 13 Apr 2008, 7:00 pm

Yes, we ended up using 2" gaffer-tape on ours because we couldn't find anything better. It's been fine.

Steve