The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Where should I put the battery ?

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
minicab

Where should I put the battery ?

Post by minicab » Mon, 28 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

Hello Everyone.

If you do not want to use the cars battery and insert a battery in the Portafold.

Have my thoughts on where to put the battery in the Portafold
I also have a circuit breaker panel with battery test.

Does anyone have a good idea on what to put the battery so that it doesn't become too heavy for the body.

Please send pictures with your tips or clay solution where to put the battery and the Panelswitch.
E-mail "minicab@glocalnet.net"

Kindly Regards
Anders
Kindly regards
Anders
--------------------------------------------------

Admin

Re: Where should I put the battery ?

Post by Admin » Mon, 28 Jun 2010, 6:53 pm

Anders,

You should keep all the heavy stuff over the axle if you can, check out:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=120

It's all about noseweights etc.

I wouldn't go cutting a hole to fit your circuit breaker panel, do what I've done and build yourself an 'electrics' box for all your circuitry. Mine is based on a plastic storage container, I've fitted a MDF lid to it, then fitted a cut off switch, ZIG unit, control panel, mains sockets, mains breaker unit and an 800 Watt inverter unit. Everything I need to control power to all of the caravan, and it's all out of site in the locker.

Pictures to follow, it's not quite finished yet... :oops:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

minicab

Post by minicab » Mon, 28 Jun 2010, 10:32 pm

Hi.

I am looking forward to see the Photos.

Regards
Anders
Admin wrote:I wouldn't go cutting a hole to fit your circuit breaker panel, do what I've done and build yourself an 'electrics' box for all your circuitry. Mine is based on a plastic storage container, I've fitted a MDF lid to it, then fitted a cut off switch, ZIG unit, control panel, mains sockets, mains breaker unit and an 800 Watt inverter unit. Everything I need to control power to all of the caravan, and it's all out of site in the locker.

Pictures to follow, it's not quite finished yet... :oops:
Kindly regards
Anders
--------------------------------------------------

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 19 Jun 2013, 1:30 pm

Just thought I'd finally post a picture of my electrics control box.

It houses a ZIG charging and distribution unit, a ZIG control panel, 4 cigar lighter sockets, a mains cut off switch (when using a site hook-up lead), a battery cut off switch (to cut all 12 volt power from the leisure battery) and a switchable digital (to one decimal point) volt meter connected to the battery. Also, a surge protected 4 gang mains lead for when I'm on mains electric.

It also has the option of a 12 volt mains inverter to be inside the box (I've removed it at the moment to use elsewhere).

The leisure battery sits in a battery box to the left of the unit, next to the wheelarch, over the axle.
2011-09-01.jpg
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!