The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Awning Poles

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
triumphtone

Awning Poles

Post by triumphtone » Fri, 18 Jun 2010, 4:55 pm

Hi Listers,

I've just put our awning up for the first time and it seems to be missing a pole that runs in the middle of the roof. We seem to only have the part that connects into the frame at the front of the awning, i.e. the part furthest from the portfold door. How does the pole connect to the Portafold? Does it just push against the Portafold roof and if so is there some form of spreader device that spreads the load of the pole against the fiberglass? I have posted photos of the awning in the gallery section but unfortunately I did not photo the position of the missing pole. :oops:

Thanks

Anth
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold

SEDDON

Re: Awning Poles

Post by SEDDON » Fri, 18 Jun 2010, 7:51 pm

don't know if it's of any help,but,on one of our previous caravans,all 3 roof poles had a sucker you insert into the end of the pole,van side,
we got them from the camping /caravan place,i have also seen extra poles,
you could also maybe ask if they have any second hand poles,if you can,take a bit of pipe or a corner joint for size,ask about poles that extend to the length that you need,that will tention the centre roof nicely,
the best of luck,

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat, 19 Jun 2010, 4:11 pm

I've only ever put my awning up once and that was years ago, but if I remember correctly the end of my middle roof pole just rested on the lifting handle. It also has an adjuster wing nut half way along so you can slide the pole in and out.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

triumphtone

Post by triumphtone » Sat, 19 Jun 2010, 5:30 pm

Thanks Chaps,

The awning seems to have a felt/sponge pad sown into the roof seam that hangs down to protect the portafold from the end of the pole. I'll trot off to our local caravan place and see what poles I can dig up.

Thanks

Anth
Triumph 2500S, 2 MkIII Spitfires, MkIV Spitfire, a Sleeping GT6 MkIII & the Portafold