The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Hinges - body sides.

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
Ian

Post by Ian » Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

I think Matt had the right idea in getting a fibre-glass moulder to replace the hinges in that they tend to have nice big workshops and industrial tools to do the job with.

I replaced two hinges last night (5 still to go :( ) and I couldn't have done any more without a break - 5mm rivets and a small hand rivetter is definately hard on the hands!! I think I'll try and borrow one of those industrial lazy-tongue jobbies before I have another go :wink:

Luckily, none of the fibre-glass came away, so far, when I drilled the old rivets out and took the old hinges off.

Is it my imagination or do Portafolds attract midges - there seemed to be more inside than out :evil: :evil: The little buggers brought work to an abrupt halt and I can confirm that you can fold a Portafold in a lot less than a minute without doing it Jan's way

Ian

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 1:13 pm

:lol: :lol: Ah, the good old rapid exit...he he.....

Someone recommended me something for midges 'Avon Skin so Soft, dry oil spray'... I know it does seem odd recommending this for men, but they discovered its use on the golf courses in florida in that Mozzies hate it!! Just bought three bottles off flea bay (our Avon lady is hopeless, and besides I don't buy anything else from them)

Put some on this weekend......and.....it works!! ye ha :D
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Admin

Re: Hinges - body sides.

Post by Admin » Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm

Brand new original spec brass hinges and the correct counter-sunk rivets are available on the Parts & Spares page:

http://www.portafold.co.uk/parts_and_spares.html
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!