The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Painting my Portafold

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
vauxhallbitz

Painting my Portafold

Post by vauxhallbitz » Thu, 26 Mar 2009, 10:47 pm

Hello all,

Finally got round to painting the Portafold after much research decided to brush paint it with International Toplac boat paint.

Finished the first coat in two days now need to let it harden so that it can be rubbed down for the final coat. I found the best method is to work with someone and for one person to roller the paint on and the other to follow close behind with a short bristle pad, the finish is unbelievable if you take your time.

This paint is quite expensive but is very easy to work with once you understand how it flows.

I am very pleased with the results and will post pictures once the final coat is on and I have worked out how to do it!

Roll on the summer!!

Fraser.