The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Awning for sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
Admin

Awning for sale - NOW SOLD

Post by Admin » Sun, 26 Apr 2015, 8:32 pm

This is just a pre-alert to an awning I'll be selling shortly.

It's been given a complete overhaul by a professional awning company in Bristol (Kingswood Canvas).

It comes with a complete new channel strip, all new (new ladder style) peg down rubbers with extra peg down rubbers added to improve stability in strong winds, new (and extra added) ties for attaching to the awning poles inside and a complete new mud flap all round the bottom.

As you can see in the pictures it's blue and beige, it measures 6.5' by 6.5' and has a roll up window cover on the near side with the original semi-opaque window behind it. I was planning on keeping this awning for myself so it's had over £30 worth of Fabsil awning waterproofer patiently applied by hand, hence the slight mottled effect you can see. This will fade in time with use and a good rain soaking.

It is an original Portafold awning so it's been sat in a storage bag for many years and does have a very slight musty smell due to not being used. Give it a few outings and it'll freshen up. It's all ready to be used this summer, and I can even throw in a few pegs if needed.

If this awning lets in water I will eat my hat!

2015-04-19_Waterproofed_4.JPG
2015-04-19_Waterproofed_5.JPG
2015-04-19_Waterproofed_7.JPG
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Chris

Re: Awning for sale

Post by Chris » Mon, 27 Apr 2015, 2:39 pm

How much Matthew?

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 27 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm

Chris,

To keep it fair, I've already promised a few people that all three awnings will be eBay auctions. It means everyone has a fair crack at buying them, and I can steer well clear of favouritism accusations :)
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon, 27 Apr 2015, 3:20 pm

No problem Matthew I will keep an eye out for them.

Chris.

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 27 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm

I'll be sending out emails to notify everyone when they've been listed, I need to sort out a box and carriage charge first.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk