The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Project for sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
DanBoy

Project for sale - NOW SOLD

Post by DanBoy » Sun, 08 May 2011, 7:55 pm

It is with regret that I have put my Portafold up for sale on ebay. It is a 1968 model and has had plenty of work done as seen on this forum. I have put the starting price on at £200 with no reserve. I have been suffering with angina for some time now and despite having two stents fitted last month I still have some narrowed arteries. The physical side of completing the porty is just becoming too much for me and I will have to let someone healthier complete the work. If you are interested in taking on this project ring me on xxxxx xxxxxx or make a bid on ebay.
Thanks
DanBoy

Ned Smanks

Re: Project for sale

Post by Ned Smanks » Mon, 09 May 2011, 7:32 pm

Sorry to hear that Dan :thumbdown: Gotta put your health first though.

I've followed your threads with quite some interest and the work you've done looks impressive. Have you got a figure in mind, and how soon would you need it moved (as you're quite a distance from me and I'm flat out with work at the moment).

Cheers
Scott

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy » Wed, 11 May 2011, 4:40 pm

Haven't got a price in mind. :?: I suppose as much as possible really. I'm not in too much of a rush to get rid of it but, having said that, I am still toying with the idea of replacing it with one 'ready to go' so I won't have to do all the work. I suppose if my works would let me retire (which they wont) and I had a decent workshop I would carry on pottering with this one but it's on a shared drive and having to keep moving it to open it, as and when I get the time, takes its toll. By the time I've got it open I'm too exhausted to do any work on it. :oops:

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy » Sun, 29 May 2011, 12:46 pm

Portafold now sold. Amazingly, it's gone back to Denbigh in Wales which is where I bought it from in the first place.